Free Consultation: (301) 799-2405Tap to Call This Lawyer
June Marie Marshall

June Marie Marshall

Marshall Conflict Resolution
  • Employment Law, Divorce, Family Law
  • Maryland
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

My passion has always been to help people. To this end, I focus my practice on mediation, family law, and labor and employment law (including Federal employment law). Acting as a mediator, I help parties resolve their disputes amicably without extensive litigation. However, mediation is not always the best method for everyone. In those instances, I provide legal representation. My goal is to help people resolve their disputes through mediation or litigation, whichever is appropriate.

Practice Areas
  • Employment Law
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Free Consultation
    Free 15 minute telephone consultation
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Hourly fee: $250 to 350 per hour
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
U.S. Supreme Court
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Marshall Conflict Resolution
- Current
My responsibilities include law firm management, providing legal assistance in areas involving family law (divorce, child custody, property division) and Labor and Employment Law. I also provide mediation and arbitration assistance with family law, labor relations, employment and community disputes.
Maryland State Labor Relations Board
Served as the Member/Chair of the Maryland State Labor Relations Board (Board). The Board is responsible for administering and enforcing provisions of Title 3 - Collective Bargaining as it relates to Maryland State employees.. The Board is also responsible for creating new bargaining unit guidelines; monitoring elections; investigating unfair labor practice charges and lockouts; and any other powers or duties provided for elsewhere in the Collective Bargaining Statute.
General Attorney/Senior Attorney
Federal Labor Relations Authority
-Represented the Government at hearings and other proceedings in order to enforce the Federal Service Labor-Management Statute. -Provided mediation and other alternative dispute resolution (ADR) assistance throughout all phases of the unfair labor practice charge investigation, analysis, and litigation process. -Processed representation petitions incorporating ADR techniques from initial filing to drafting Decision and Orders for the Regional Director’s signature; served as hearing officer at representation hearings. -Conducted quarterly basic and advanced training on the Federal Service Labor Management Relations Statute for agency and labor representatives. -Served as EEO Counselor for FLRA employees from 2009 to 2013.
Labor Relations Specialist
Federal Service Impasses Panel (FLRA)
-Investigated employer and/or labor union requests for negotiation impasse assistance; analyze oral and written position statements submitted by the parties; research and apply, as appropriate, Federal law, regulations, and case precedent to parties' position statements; provided Presidential appointees and senior staff with written summaries and analyses of parties' positions. - Provided mediation assistance throughout all phases of the Panel process.
University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
J.D. / Law (2000)
University of Maryland - University College
B.S. / Business & Management (1995)
Baltimore's Finest 2014
Proactive Sources
Baltimore's Finest 2014 Profile Series is a WHO'S WHO on area professionals demonstrating excellence in the fields of law, healthcare, business and finance. Baltimore's Finest 2014 Profile Series is produced by Proactive Resources for the June 11, 2014 issue of the City Paper.
Professional Associations
Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service, Inc.
- Current
Maryland Council for Dispute Resolution
- Current
American Bar Association
- Current
Maryland State Bar
- Current
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
18 Questions Answered

Q. My mom and step dad have a post nup on a house they purchased together, It addresses death of spouse and divorce.
A: Not seeing the actual post-nup, my response is limited to your narrative. The proceeds would be marital property. Husband and wife can agree on how they want to divide the proceeds. They could split it 50/50, 60/40 however they choose. Since there is nothing in the post-nup about moving to assisted living, I'd say they are open to do what they choose. Regarding death, do the mom and step dad have a will? If they don't have a will, they should get one. Otherwise, how assets are handled would be in accordance with state law.
Q. I am taking care of our nine months daughter in Canada last six months, Can i take her to her dad and leave her there
A: As long as you would not be placing the child in a detrimental, unsafe environment and he is willing to take her. You are not providing much information about the circumstances, but whatever you do, it should be in the best interest of the child.
Q. Can I keep my son from his father?
A: No, you cannot keep the child from the father because he is behind in child support. I suggest you file a Petition for Contempt for failing to pay child support.
Q. what rights does new jersey unmarried father have to one yr. baby born in Maryland. mother has raised the baby since bir
A: Generally, as the Father, he can ask for some form of legal and/or physical custody (e.g., sole, shared. It doesn't mean he will get it) or visitation unless there is a good reason to deny it (drug use, alcoholism, etc.). You and the Father can either work that out or the Court will. He is obligated to pay child support in accordance with the Maryland Child Support Guidelines. Chances are Maryland has jurisdiction over the baby since the baby has lived here for the past 6 months. I suggest you talk to a lawyer about filing for custody and child support in a Maryland court.
Q. If I were terminated for being late, can I get unemployment?
A: You may be disqualified from unemployment or severely penalized. See below from the Nolo website: Firing. If you were fired because you lacked the skills to perform the job or simply weren't a good fit, you won’t necessarily be barred from receiving benefits. If, however, you were fired for misconduct, you may be disqualified from receiving benefits. Maryland recognizes three types of misconduct for firing. If you were fired for “simple” misconduct in connection with your job, you won’t be eligible for benefits for ten to 15 weeks after you were fired. If you were fired for “gross” misconduct (serious or repeated violations of workplace rules or standards of behavior), you must get a new job and earn at least 25 times your weekly benefit amount before you will be eligible for unemployment. If you were fired for “aggravated” misconduct (deliberate and malicious misconduct intended to damage property or cause physical harm), you must get a new job and earn at least 30 times your weekly benefit amount before you will once again qualify for unemployment benefits.
Q. Mom died first step dad died this his family entitled to my mothers property? Both had no wills
A: Even though the property was titled in your mother's name, unless she had the property before the marriage or was a gift, it will be treated as "tenants by the entirety" which means they both own the property. The law lays how the property will be treated when there is no will. You should seek the assistance of a probate attorney.
Q. Is there grandparents rights
A: Grandparents can request the court grant visitation rights. The court will be decide based on the "best interest of the child" standard. Each case is different. It depends on the facts you present.
Q. My employment contract states 4 weeks notice must be given if I quit - what happens if I only give 2 weeks notice?
A: If both parties agree then nothing. Otherwise, the Employer could claim a breach of contract. It depends on if there is language in the agreement stating the penalty for a breach of contract. You should also consider what the Employer would lose if you did not provide four weeks notice. That may give you an idea of the penalty.
Q. Can I deny visitation if other aren't wants to take my child in a car when he has a suspended license and on drugs?
A: Yes, your Order is for supervised visitation. It appears that the child's safety is a big concern.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Main Office
1400 Front Street, Suite 202
Lutherville/Timonium, MD 21093
Telephone: (301) 799-2405