Melissa Doss is from Lexington, Kentucky. She grew up in a family that greatly valued compassion, hard work, sincerity and education. Melissa graduated from the University of Kentucky in 2008 with a Bachelor of Arts in broadcast journalism. While at the University of Kentucky, Melissa was on the Dean’s list, a member of student government, and was in the Society of Professional Journalists. Shortly after graduating from the University of Kentucky, Melissa married her high school sweetheart, Daniel. Melissa received a J.D. from the University of Dayton School of Law in May of 2012. While in law school, Melissa was a member of Phi Alpha Delta Fraternity, Pro Bono Commitment to Community, the Honor Council, and she volunteered for the Volunteer Lawyers Project. During her last semester of law school, Melissa decided to make Northern Kentucky their permanent home and began working as a clerk at Lawrence & Associates in their Northern Kentucky office. Melissa remained Justin Lawrence’s personal clerk until she became an attorney on May 1st, 2013. Melissa has a great deal of practical experience in the areas of workers’ compensation, personal injury, social security disability and bankruptcy. Melissa works closely with Justin and mainly focuses on Kentucky Workers’ Compensation.
- Workers' Compensation
- Free Consultation
Every case gets a free consultation, no matter what. There is never an obligation to pay for the consultation.
- Contingent Fees
We accept contingency fees on Personal Injury, Workers' Compensation, and Social Security Disability cases. Clients in these kinds of cases are never responsible for paying out of pocket for their cases.
- English: Spoken, Written
- Lawrence & Associates
- - Current
- Melissa became a licensed attorney at Lawrence & Associates upon graduating from law school and passing the Kentucky bar.
- Lawrence & Associates
- Melissa was a law clerk for Lawrence & Associates, formerly Zingarelli & Lawrence, during her final year of law school until she became a licensed attorney in May of 2013.
- Clerk for Judge Mary Katherine Huffman
- Melissa was a law clerk for Judge Huffman of the Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas during her second year of law school.
- Dressman Benzinger LaVelle
- Melissa was a law clerk in the civil ligation department of DBL during the summer after her 1L year.
- University of Dayton School of Law
- J.D. / Law (2012)
- Activities: Phi Alpha Delta Member
- Notable Networker
- BNI- Winners' Circle
- Melissa received the Notable Networker award for BNI. This award is given to a member of the group who attracts the most visitors/members to the group. Melissa tries to constantly invite visitors to her meetings because each person has a large networking group of their own that they can bring to the table.
- - Current
- Activities: Melissa is the President of the Winners' Circle. Prior to her being elected as President in October of 2014, Melissa served as the growth coordinator and assistant event coordinator.
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Activities: Melissa is a member of the Kentucky Bar Association.
- Kentucky Justice Association
- Activities: The KJA's more than 1400 members are committed to improving the quality of legal representation for Kentucky families by providing superior legal education and by keeping abreast of legislative and judicial proceedings.
- NKBA Women Lawyers Section
- Activities: Melissa is a member of the NKBA Women Lawyers Section. They meet several times a year over lunch. This group is solely for female attorneys and law students in the Northern Kentucky community and they discuss modern issues that female attorneys face during the course of their career.
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- Northern KY Chamber of Commerce Business Referral Network
- Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
- Our Website Dedicated to Disability Claims!
- Our Website Dedicated to Stopping Foreclosures
- This is our Northern Kentucky Attorneys' Main Website
- Lawrence & Associates Main Website and Blog
- I Want a Jury Trial for My Workers’ Compensation Claim. How Can I Get There and What Can They Decide?
16 August 2017
- Can I Sue for Being Exposed to Mold in Ohio? A Case Study of Terry v. Caputo
9 August 2017
- When Is Creditor Harassment Illegal, and How Can You Stop Harassment?
1 August 2017
- Does My Insurance Company Have to Pay If an Unidentified Vehicle Hits My Car?
24 July 2017
- Why the Industrial Commission Can Stop your Workers Compensation Settlement Payments
10 July 2017
- What Lawsuits Can Be Filed for Accidents Involving Drones?
29 June 2017
- Subrogation – How Your Ohio Worker’s Compensation Claim Can Take Money Away from Your Personal Injury Claim
20 June 2017
- What Kind of Damages Can You Get for a Dog Bite in Ohio?
13 June 2017
- Liability for Asbestos Exposure: The Story of Mary and Clayton
30 May 2017
A video about Melissa's Ability to Help You in Workers' Compensation CasesPersonal Injury - Product Liability (Lawrence & Associates)
A video about Lawrence & Associates' Personal Injury and Products Liability PracticePersonal Injury - Medical (Lawrence and Associates)
This Video Describes How Lawrence & Associates' Can Help You with Medical BillsLawrence & Associates Overview
A Brief Overview of Lawrence & AssociatesBankruptcy (Lawrence & Associates)
Lawrence & Associates Bankruptcy Practice Saves Hard Working Kentuckians Homes and CarsPersonal Injury (Lawrence & Associates)
Lawrence & Associates Helps Car Accident Victims Every Day. Find out More!