Free Consultation: (561) 353-2800Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mr Eric Klein

Mr Eric Klein

Klein Law Group, P.A.
  • Domestic Violence, Divorce, Family Law...
  • Florida, Massachusetts
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I am a trial lawyer with a boutique practice that helps people. My Firm concentrates in family law – Divorce, Paternity, Custody, and Prenuptial Agreements – consumer bankruptcy and real estate law, Foreclosure Defense and other real estate litigation - we have a title agency, engage in short sale negotiations --- I have highly skilled attorneys in each area --- we work together as a team. We help our Clients navigate a difficult, challenging, often uncertain process and assist them in achieving the best possible results. What’s unique about my practice is that I can assist people in all aspects of their personal and financial troubles from aggressively pursuing a divorce, to defending a foreclosure, short selling a property, bankruptcy and assisting them in rebuilding their credit. Unlike most law firms, we offer all of these services under one roof.

Practice Areas
  • Domestic Violence
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Real Estate Law
  • Bankruptcy
  • Foreclosure Defense
  • Collections
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Klein Law Group, P.A.
- Current
Massachusetts School of Law at Andover
J.D. / Law
Activities: Founder and Editor-in-Chief: The Writ
University of Pennsylvania
B.B.A. / Business
AV Preeminent
LexisNexis Martindale Hubbell
2016 AV Preeminent Award. Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards Reflecting the Confidential Opinions of Members of the Bar and Judiciary.
The Avvo Rating can help you find the right attorney: There is no bias. The Avvo Rating cannot be bought. It was developed by legal professionals and people looking for legal services. It’s as simple as counting to 10. Ratings fall on a scale of 1 (Extreme Caution) to 10 (Superb), helping you quickly assess a lawyer’s background based on the rating.
Professional Associations
Wharton Club of South Florida
- Current
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
- Current
Boca Chamber
- Current
The Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida
- Current
Palm Beach County Bar Association  # 35985
- Current
National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Current
University of Pennsylvania Alumni Association
- Current
Articles & Publications
Your Complete Guide to Restoring Your Credit After Bankruptcy
Credit Solutions Program
Legally Speaking with Eric Klein
Brookline Access TV
Speaking Engagements
Prenuptial Agreements, LeTip of Boca Raton, Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel
LeTip of Boca Raton
Bankruptcy Chapter 13 101: The Plan, Law Review CLE, Ft. Lauderdale
Law Review CLE
Bankruptcy Chapter 7 & 13 Workshop, Law Review CLE, Palm Beach
Law Review CLE
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
80 Questions Answered

Q. I got divorced in 2007 but I never went back to my maiden name. Can I go back to my maiden name now without a new case?
A: I believe you could. Re-open the case, file a Motion to Reinstate your Maiden Name and notice it for a hearing. Good luck.
Q. Hi, my ex and I divorced after 29 years of marriage November 2016. Simple divorce. Alimony was not done official with
A: Based on the information you provided, unfortunately, you cannot go back to court as you filed for and obtained a Simplified Divorce. One of the requirements of a simplified divorce, is that you both forever waive your rights to alimony from the other.
Q. What should I do if my ex husband does not take part in the 50/50 sharing plan?
A: You should re-open your divorce case and file a Motion for Modification with the court. Do not forget to notice your motion for a hearing. Good luck.
Q. My husband and I are going through divorce. My husband took a couple of videos of me.
A: Serve and file a Request for Production of Documents and Things. List the video within the request. Good luck.
Q. Final judgment contempt. Husband filed motion rule 1.530. claims motion would toll time before judgment goes into effect
A: He is only in contempt when a judge adjudicates him in contempt. What that means is that you must file a motion for enforcement or contempt and have a hearing on the issues before a judge can adjudicate him in contempt. I hope this helps. Good luck!
Q. If I no longer have to pay alimony, can my ex take me to court to get what she feels she is owed?
A: Unless you went back into court and obtained a modification to reduce the alimony payment, she can take you back to court on a motion to enforce/contempt and she will most likely win. And to make matters worse, she would be entitled to an award of costs and attorney's fees. Good luck.
Q. My husband had an affair which resulted in a baby. I am filing for divorce. He now wants half of my assets. Does he have
A: Generally speaking he is correct. Child-support, for the most part, is based on income, not assets, unless of course the assets generate income, then it's calculated on the income from those assets as well.
Q. I'm 16 and I no longer want to live with my Mom anymore, but she refuses to let me live with my Dad. What should I do?
A: Practically speaking, there's not much you can do. However, you can legally file for an emancipation. Google states "A minor child sixteen years or older may petition the court through a parent, legal guardian, or guardian ad litem to become legally emancipated for (sic). If the court finds that the minor child is financially independent of the parents, emancipation will likely be granted. Good luck!
Q. Spouse visa expires in September and is moving out the country. Will the divorce still go through?
A: You must hire an experienced divorce lawyer to get this done quickly. As a layperson, you do not know how to negotiate the court system, therefore, you will get the excuse that they are "backed up." Good luck
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Boca Raton Office
4800 N. Federal Highway
Building B, Suite 307
Boca Raton, FL 33431
Telephone: (561) 353-2800
West Palm Beach Office
777 South Flagler Drive
Suite 800 - West Tower
West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Telephone: (561) 353-2800
Ft. Lauderdale Office
110 East Broward Blvd., Ste. 1700
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Telephone: (954) 580-8080