Let me welcome you to my profile page. First the stuff that gets Google's attention and that which appeals to people. Contact West Des Moines personal injury lawyer, Stephen D. Lombardi who has practiced civil trial litigation (personal injury lawyer-litigator, accidents, construction site injuries that include injuries resulting in death, along with workers’ compensation cases, for over 33 years. He is admitted to practice law in Iowa and Florida. Professionally Mr. Lombardi is active in the development of communication tools for trial lawyers and regularly speaks on various subjects having to do with civil trial work, ethics and the skills needed to be a successful lawyer. He was born and raised in New England and in 1975 moved to the Midwest to obtain his undergraduate degree from the University of Iowa. He graduated from the University of Iowa in 1978 with a Bachelor’s Degree in psychology. In 1981 he graduated from Drake University Law School. During law school he worked as a private investigator in a five state region of the Midwest. Working his way through law school as a PI taught essential skills for gathering and preserving evidence. After law school Mr. Lombardi chose to make Iowa his home. A choice he continues to make. Mr. Lombardi is a person driven to complete what he starts. He prides himself on telling his clients what they need to hear not what they want to hear. He doesn't believe in participation trophy awards, he believes in achievement. Participation trophies foster a defective character, winners learn from losing. He doesn't concern himself with recognition of his accomplishments, but instead focuses on winning the case, your case. While he understands losing is a part of litigation he still hates to lose. He is a lawyer that simply hates to lose. His style is to begin to size up and prepare his clients from the first conversation through the trial. All people that become his clients are important to him. After over 33 years of pra
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
- Animal & Dog Law
- Insurance Claims
- Medical Malpractice
- White Collar Crime
- Real Estate Law
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- ATV Accidents
- Interstate Highway Accidents in Iowa
- Co-Counsel with Out-of-State Referrals
- I-80, (I-35, I-380, I-29 Wrongful Death Cases
- Theft & Fraud Cases
- Electrical Burn Cases
- Burn Cases
- Quadriplegic and Paraplegic Injury Cases
- Chemical Burn Cases
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- English: Spoken, Written
- Lead Attorney
- Lombardi Law Firm
- - Current
- Mosier, Thomas, Beatty, Dutton, Braun and Staack
- Here is where I learned the business of litigation. These are some terrific lawyers.
- Drake University Law School
- J.D. / Litigation
- Law School Newspaper reporter
- University of Iowa
- B.S. / Psychology (1975)
- Activities: President, Associated Residence Halls
- Rhode Island Junior College, aka Rhode Island Community College
- A.A. / Science (1975)
- Honors: Deans List all four semesters
- Activities: Boxing
- Iowa Real Estate Commission
- - Current
- Activities: I am a licensed real estate broker and a licensed attorney.
- - Current
- Activities: I have passed all four CCIM Commercial Real Estate Investment examinations.
- Florida State Bar # 616176
- - Current
- Iowa Supreme Court
- Licensed Attorney
- - Current
- Activities: I am a licensed attorney
- Iowa Bar Association
- - Current
- Iowa Real Estate Commission
- Broker License
- Activities: I hold an Iowa commercial real estate broker's license
- American Bar Association
- The Verdict
- Vulgar Language Grounds for Disqualification from Unemployment Benefits
16 August 2017
- Worker's Compensation Hearings Always Pose a Risk to the Client
11 August 2017
- CALL US RIGHT AFTER THE ACCIDENT - CALL NOW!
9 August 2017
- Iowa Takata Airbag Lawyers
8 August 2017
- Iowa's Fatal Accident Lawsuit Law Firm - Lombardi Law Firm
7 August 2017
- The System Only Feels Like It Is Rigged, If You Do Not Have a Good Lawyer
6 August 2017
- Ineligibility for Unemployment Benefits
4 August 2017
- Parenting Laws and Same-Sex Marriage
3 August 2017
- Iowa Small Claims Actions
2 August 2017
- Iowa Real Estate Lawyer
- The High Cost of Not Doing Your Due Diligence
26 April 2015
- Why you should pay for a lot line survey.
18 January 2015
- What is due diligence and why is it important to the buyers?
31 October 2014
- Why should the seller buy a home warranty for the buyer?
27 October 2014
- The buyer's agent
22 September 2014
- When you buy a home can you safely assume the bike path is permanent?
23 March 2014
- As Buyers What Are Your Duties Regarding The Iowa Residential Real Estate Disclosure Form
5 February 2014
- Iowa Residential Real Estate: What is due diligence?
27 January 2014
- Can I get sued if my agent says to simply mark ‘unknown” on the disclosure form?
13 December 2013
IBM, Professional License Issues and how to reduce your legal feesInterstate Highway Accidents in Iowa Hiring an Iowa Lawyer
Interstate Highway Accidents in Iowa Hiring an Iowa LawyerWhat is the statute of limitations in an Iowa Workers Comp c
What is the statute of limitations in an Iowa for injured workers?What is the 90 day notice in an Iowa Work Comp Claim?
What is the 90 day notice in an Iowa Work Comp Claim?Five Ways to Screw Up Your Iowa Workers Compensation Claim
Five Ways to Screw Up Your Iowa Workers Compensation Claim30 Ways to Preserve Your Iowa Wrongful Death Case
30 Ways to Preserve Your Iowa Wrongful Death CaseField Tools For Preserving Evidence in an Iowa Personal Inju
Field Tools For Preserving Evidence in a Personal Injury CaseHow to prepare for the recorded statement.
How to prepare for the recorded statement.2009.10.09.Whiteout on Mt. Elbrus Russia
Mountaineering is a really interesting twist to the practice of law and living in Iowa.2009 Bristol 4th of July Parade
Title: MY HOMETOWN! The 4th of July parade in Bristol, Rhode Island. 2009Tractor-Trailer Accident - Overview
Overview of Tractor-Trailer Accidents includes information about evidence that trucking companies may have after an accident, presented by attorney Steve Lombardi, founder of Lombardi Law Group in West Des Moines, IA. Produced by InjuryBoard.com
- Q. My vehicle was rear ended and I have received two tears in my rotator cuff area that will require surgery. should i get
- A: It would be a good idea to secure a lawyer. A lawyer would help you to understand the problems an adjuster can create in your case involving the shoulder tears and causation. If you don't understand why now it will be too late later on.
- Q. Do you use your gross or net wages when calculating lost wages in Iowa for car accident insurance claim
- A: Net wages for a W-2 employee.
- Q. Can the employers insurance company end my permanent partial/ unscheduled injury payments without any indication
- A: Did you receive the Auxier Letter advising thirty days before the termination your benefits would end? Did you return to work? Did the doctor indicate you've reached MMI? Were you released to return to work? Need more information, otherwise everyone is just guessing.
- Q. My car fell off tow truck because they didn't hook up correctly. The car hit me should i sue
- A: That all depends. Were you injured? Did you receive medical care? Is your injury significant enough to actually make it worth the time and expense involved? Did it require surgery? Did you have a broken bone or just hit your funny bone? Answer those questions and I can answer yours.
- Q. I have lived in my current residents since 2003 was bought by new owner says get rid of dog or be evicted is this possib
- A: Do you have a lease? What does the lease say regarding pets? And, is this dog a "support animal"? If you have a letter or prescription from either your doctor or a therapist that this animal is necessary for emotional support, then I don't think they can legally make you move.
- Q. I have a injury not work related and have restrictions, my employer wont honor them.Do they have to honor
- A: Well, we see this quite often and sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. It all depends on whether there are different opinions. Many times an injured worker has an injury to two different parts of their body with a different physician treating each. Those physicians can have opinions at different times. So one releases back to work for say an arm injury, but the other who is treating a bad back does not. And so without knowing more about your claim it's not possible to get the advice you seek. And so see a lawyer.
- Q. Can a school official grab the hood of your childs coat and throw them down to the ground causing a head injury?
- A: They can, but should they, probably not. Of course children seldom tell the entire story or accurately. I would not charge head-strong into the school planning on attacking the teacher. Instead I would suggest asking for a meeting to discuss the situation. I would listen with an open mind, probably having my child seated quietly. Get all the facts before you judge the teacher. As my father said, if he was called to school, he would assume the teacher was right and I wrong and so don't do anything that got myself in trouble. In other words don't lawyer-up without considering it may be your child who is the troublemaker.
- Q. My husband died about a decade ago but I've been so busy trying to support myself after his passing
- A: I'm hesitant to answer this question without knowing more. See a lawyer. My gut tells me it's doubtful. And so see a lawyer.
- Q. If I was hurt on the job but then changed jobs, can I still get workers' comp for my injury?
- A: I would say the answer to your question is "Yes". You may have to hire a lawyer but most will take your case based on a fee being paid contingent upon getting the benefits. Of course you should put the employer on notice of the injury, by telling them, preferably in writing, immediately. The law requires notice within 90 days of the date of occurrence, which is likely the date you knew of the injury. It gets a little complicated by whether the injury was from a single event or from cumulative injury. And so put the former employer on notice, then find a lawyer and do all of this ASAP.