Free Consultation: (210) 474-6221Tap to Call This Lawyer
Tammy Lyn Wincott

Tammy Lyn Wincott

Wincott Law Firm PC serving you with dedication, professionalism & respect.
  • Probate, Estate Planning, Elder Law...
  • Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Wilson Counties, Immigration, Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Originally from the Thousand Islands region of New York. I relocated to Texas via the U.S. Air Force in 1988. I spent the first 15 years in Austin, prior to attending law school at St. Mary's school of law. Once licensed, I relocated to San Antonio. I am licensed by the Texas Racing Commission to hold a Trainer & Owner's license.

Practice Areas
  • Probate
  • Estate Planning
  • Elder Law
  • Family Law
  • Divorce
  • Immigration Law
  • Bankruptcy
  • Real Estate Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Insurance Claims
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Payment Plans may be available.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Wilson Counties
Bankruptcy Court Texas Western District
Federal Circuit
Texas Probate Courts
  • Spanish
Professional Experience
Owner & Prinicpal Attorney
Wincott Law Firm, P.C.
- Current
Owner & Principal Attorney for the WIncott Law Firm, P.C. Practice areas include immigration and probate with extensive experience in familial issues.
Solo Practitioner
Law Office of Tammy L. Wincott
Solo Attorney law practice assisting in areas such as immigration, wills & estates, bankruptcy, family, animal law, personal injury and other civil.
St. Mary's University
Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
Park University
B.S. / Business Management (2002)
Honors: Summa Cum Laude
Resolution Honoring Tammy L. Wincott
State Bar of Texas
A resolution honoring Attorney Tammy L. WIncott for her community service and in particular her support of veterans. Honored as an inspiration to others.
Recognized as single attorney dedicated to the most cases associated with the program.
San Antonio Bar Association--Community Justice Program
Recognition for Summa Cum Laude Undergraduate Achievement
Park University
Professional Associations
San Antonio Bar Association Community Justice Program
- Current
Activities: Volunteer Attorney providing pro bono services in an effort to allow all those deserving access to the legal justice system.
Texas State Bar # 24056545
- Current
American Immigration Lawyers Association # 24022
- Current
Activities: Member of pro-active association advocating for immigration reform, current issues in immigration with localized state chapters.
American Bar Association
- Current
Activities: member in American Bar Association
Articles & Publications
Immigration: A Realistic Look
Elite Attorney SA
The More Things Change - The More They Stay the Same
Elite Attorney SA
Speaking Engagements
Panel Member: Family Law & Bankruptcy, Texas Bar Advanced Bankruptcy CLE, Houston, Texas
State Bar of Texas
Attorney Ad Litem Procedures, Delinquent Ad Valorem Taxes, Bexar County Courthouse, San Antonio, Texas
Linebarger, Goggan, Blair & Sampson LLP
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
194 Questions Answered

Q. my husband had his will written by an atorney in our town,,,can he have it changed wthout me knowing about this ?
A: A will belongs to the individual that made it. A person can change their will at any time without letting another, even a spouse, know about it. The question then becomes if the person had the capacity mentally to change it, etc. Attorneys always have a duty to maintain confidentiality unless waived by the client. The attorney in Rockport or any other does not have to tell you if your husband executed a new will.
Q. I married a widower and when his wife passed, there was no will. Is the grown child to get half of what they had . Texas
A: It would be best to consult with a probate & estate's attorney to receive the best assessment of the situation. It's quite possible everyone is wrong and there isn't any point in spending each day wondering about it. When children from other marriages, etc. are involved estates can quickly become complicated, i.e. depends on if there is separate property, community property, etc.
Q. Do I need to update my living trust previously created in Florida now that I live in Texas?
A: At the very least, I would have it reviewed by a Texas lawyer familiar with this area of law.
Q. My Mom owns property in Texas and she whats us to have her tax basis when she passes away...can she just add us to the
A: Please expand further, i.e. what type of taxes, what type of property, etc. Perhaps, your mom should consult with an attorney in Texas to help make sure what your mom wants happens or is corrected so that it can happen to the extent possible.
Q. My husbands mother passed away in 2014 and his stepfather still lives in the house, can he sell without his signature?
A: If his mother was married, her husband has an implied Life Estate and cannot be forced to leave the property; however, there is also a certain duty to maintain the property. I suggest they speak with a probate attorney and ensure the estate is handled appropriately, i.e. just because someone has a will doesn't mean it is a valid will and property just passes to heirs; a will must still be officially recognized by the Court as valid before beneficiaries are entitled to disbursement, etc.
Q. If a holographic will is incomplete can it still be offered for probate?
A: It depends on what you mean by incomplete. I suggest you take it to a probate attorney near you to receive a personal consultation.
Q. I have a CPS court case in Texas if I miss what will the actions be and will I be able to resolve this with the courts?
A: I suggest you contact an attorney at once in Texas to discuss the consequences of missing any hearings, deadlines, etc. CPS cases can be very confusing and misleading and you do not want to take any chances with your children at stake.
Q. If my grandpa was listed as a beneficiary on his wife's IRA and they both have passed, where do the funds now go?
A: This is best discussed in person with a probate attorney. In general, if a person is already receiving benefits from another's asset, i.e. IRA, unless there is another beneficiary named it would become an asset of the estate and would be distributed in accordance with their will. If there is no will then it would most likely be distributed to those qualifying relatives.
Q. My mother died recently. Her only property was a small home worth about $80,000 which she owned free and clear.
A: When you say you have the deed, do you mean physically hold the deed or it has been put in your name? If a deed is not in your name and a will is known to exist, it's necessary to request that will be admitted to probate and have a judge declare it valid otherwise it doesn't mean anything and gives no legal standing.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
900 NE Loop 410
Suite D-410
San Antonio, TX 78209
Telephone: (210) 474-6221