Free Consultation: (435) 669-9755Tap to Call This Lawyer
Wesley Winsor

Wesley Winsor

Wes Winsor Law PLLC
  • Estate Planning, Business Law, Probate...
  • Utah
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Wes is happy and grateful to be able to serve his neighbors, friends, and family in St. George, Utah. Wesley A. Winsor’s practice consists primarily of Estate Planning and Contracts Law. He is a seasoned negotiator and experienced in guiding disputes into resolution. Legal Services - Estate Planning - Succession Planning - Trusts - Wills - Advance Health Care Directives - Power of Attorney - Deeds - Probate, Guardianship, and Conservatorship Contracts - LLC’s- Operating agreements, Entity Formation, Partnership Agreements - Lease Agreements - Product Liability waivers - Service Agreements - Negotiation of Contract disputes In addition to his career, Wes’ interests include entrepreneurship, basketball, bargain shopping, longboarding, and most of all spending time with his wife Lindsay and their four children. Education Faulkner University, Thomas Goode Jones School of Law- J.D., Eagle Scholarship Recipient Brigham Young University- B.S., Business Management- Supply Chain Emphasis Additional Languages Spanish Portuguese Professional and Civic Activities Member, Southern Utah Bar Association Mediation Training Youth Sports Coach Dave Ramsey FPU Coordinator - See more at:

Practice Areas
  • Estate Planning
  • Business Law
  • Probate
  • Collections
  • Real Estate Law
  • Elder Law
  • Tax Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Federal Circuit
  • Portuguese: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Founding Attorney
Wes Winsor Law PLLC
- Current
Associate Attorney
Seegmiller Law PLLC
Thomas Goode Jones School of Law, Faulkner University
J.D. / Business Law and Estate Planning (2012)
Honors: Eagle Scholarship Recipient, Public Interest Fellow
Activities: Vice President of the Federalist Society, Christian Legal Society
Brigham Young University
B.S. / Business Management Emphasis in Supply Chain (2009)
Honors: Scholarship recipient
Activities: Supply Chain Club, Strategy Club
Dixie State College
A.A. / Business and Language (2006)
Honors: Honor Roll
Activities: Student Government, X-Club Service Fraternity,
Up and Coming Legal Elite
Utah Business
Voted by peers as one of Utah Business's Up and Coming Legal Elite for 2017
Professional Associations
Corporate Alliance Member
C4 Member
- Current
Southern Utah Bar Association
- Current
Speaking Engagements
Estate Planning Q n A, Memory Matters, St. George Cit Public Library 88 W 100 S, St George, UT 84770
Memory Matters
Part of the Memory Matters Education class:
Revocable Living Trusts, Memory Matters, St. George Cit Public Library 88 W 100 S, St George, UT 84770
Memory Matters
Part of the Memory Matters Education class:
Probate Court, Alzheimers and Dementia Society, St. George Public Library, St George, UT
Alzheimers and Dementia Society
Legal Elite 2017
Utah Business
Legal Answers
50 Questions Answered

Q. If a contract with a new client requires money to be spent to complete the contract, is that money a business expense?
A: Nearly any legitimate business expense can be discounted against revenues. I think you will need to be more specific on your question. If you are having to spend money to acquire new or specialized equipment or an upgrade of some sorts then absolutely. I hope this helps. Wes
Q. Can I take legal action against a pawn shop that gave me false information?
A: Hi, First off, let me say I am sorry for the situation. This can be extremely frustrating especially if there is sentimental value attached to the item. I am assuming you sold the ring rather than pawned it (you got a loan from them using the ring as collateral). If that is the case, you lost all rights to the ring when you sold it unfortunately. This was an enforceable and legal transaction. You got $100, they got the ring. The Courts will not intervene in this situation. The courts have intervened when someone purchased a valuable baseball card for $100 instead of $10,000 because the seller didn't realize the tag said $10,000, but this isn't one of those cases. You knew what you purchased the ring for, so you didn't walk into the transaction blind. Unfortunately, I don't think you much of a case. Pawn shops make their money by knowing more about the value and resell value of items better than their patrons. In addition,l you can't prove that the ring won't sell for $300 as far as you know the ring hasn't sold for $1,000. Maybe they have priced it too high. Again, I am sorry you are dealing with this, but honestly, I don't think you have a case. I hope this helps. Wes
Q. My uncle is in assisted living at a facility in Florida; I live in Utah. My uncle has a legal guardian.
A: First, you need to determine why it has your name on it. If you are a joint owner of the account then, no it is not the sole property of your uncles. If you are merely a payable on death beneficiary or hold a power of attorney, then it is your Uncle's sole property and the money should be used for your uncle's benefit. I hope this helps.
Q. My mother died 7 years ago my sister has been living in the home now the remaining sisters want to sell how do I remove
A: Who has title the house? Is it still in your mom's name? If so then you will need to file an action in probate called a determination of heirs (probably as the normal time to probate an estate has probably lapsed) in order to get a personal representative appointed who will then have the authority to evict her. If there has already been a probate opened, then the personal representative/executor has the authority to evict her, by the normal means. I hope this helps. Wes
Q. Curious if I am a Beneficiary and receiving home with small Mortgage through a Trust will I be Responsible for
A: I am assuming you understand that secured debts are those debts that are not attached to something that the bank/creditor can repossess and unsecured debts are debts such as credit cards, personal loans, etc. where there is nothing physical that the creditor can reclaim if the debt is in default. Whoever the trustee is will be responsible for paying the debts. If there is enough money left in the estate to satisfy the unsecured debt then the trustee can pay those debts with the other assets and convey title to you as the beneficiary named in the trust. If you are not the trustee, then you legally have no obligation towards the unsecured debts of your grandmother. However, if the estate does not have assets sufficient to pay the unsecured debt, the trustee can and will have to sell the home or take out another loan to satisfy those debts prior to conveying it to you or they could approach you to pay the unsecured debt prior to conveying title the house to you. You as the beneficiary have no legal obligation to do so but, but all legitimate debts must be paid prior to the distribution of the estate. I hope this helps. Wes
Q. I have a Question I am the Beneficiary of a Home with 50k left on Mortgage and it is worth 250 k. Will I be Responsible
A: Well that depends on your position. Are you the named personal representative? Are you a trustee of the the trust that the home is titled in? Perhaps you are on title with your grandmother as joint tenants with a right of survivorship. Or maybe you are named in the will as the beneficiary of the house. These scenarios all create different answers. I am assuming that you understand that the mortgage on the home is "secured debt" and that you are asking about credit card debt or other personal loans (unsecured debt). If you are not an executor/personal representative or successor trustee of your grandmother's estate, then you will have no responsibilities for the unsecured debt of your grandmother. If you do hold one of these positions, then you will be in charge of settling all the debts prior to any distributions. This would include the debt on the house unless you agree as the beneficiary to continue making payments on the home or sell it to satisfy the debt. The PR/Trustee/Executor is in charge of settling the estate. The priority of payout goes like this, 1st costs of the funeral/burial, administration, 2nd legitimate creditors, and 3rd beneficiaries named in the will/trust. I hope this helps. Wes
Q. How many days does a land lord need to evict for none payment utah
A: A landlord can serve a 3 day notice to pay or quit the day after the payment is due. If the tenant pays, they get to stay. If they don't then the landlord can start the eviction process. I hope this helps. Wes
Q. possible 2 evict roommate& her bf if name on lease,they also have assaulted me have Police report,need out fast
A: Your question is not too clear. You can evict someone who doesn't have a legal right to be there. I believe the statute requires 14 days notice prior to filing an unlawful detainer action against them. If their name is on the lease, then it is not so easy (at that point the landlord is the person who would have to evict them). It may be easier/faster to seek a restraining order if you are living in fear with good reason.
Q. Can someone legally give away someone else's pet snake?
A: Pets are property so this question could just as easily be, "my cousin was keeping her bicycle at her friends, and her friend has given it away". The answer to the question is "no". Someone who does not have ownership can't give it away. If they do, then what they are in effect doing is "stealing" the property and then giving it away. We call that misappropriation. Your cousin could sue her friend for the value of the snake, in addition, she could sue the receiver of the snake for receiving stolen property if the receiver knew. This is probably just a curiosity request, but I hope this helps.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Wes Winsor Law PLLC | Contract and Estate Planning Attorney
216 W Saint George Blvd Suite 205
Saint George, UT 84770
Telephone: (435) 669-9755 Ext. 6699755