A+ Rated with the BBB and with well over 100 5-Star reviews online, Andrew M. Weisberg is a highly successful criminal defense attorney. Call Now for a Free and Immediate Consultation at (773) 694-8129. Mr. Weisberg returns most calls within 15 minutes! Don't trust your freedom and future to lawyers who practice in multiple areas of law. It is critical to hire an attorney solely dedicated to the practice of criminal defense. Mr. Weisberg commits 100% of his practice to defending those who have been accused of a crime in Chicagoland. His sole mission is to provide the best representation for every client while treating each one with the utmost respect and dignity. Mr. Weisberg will always answer all your questions and explain what lies ahead to ease the stress on clients and family.
Do not leave serious legal matters to those unfamiliar with the demands of courtroom battle. If you need a criminal lawyer, rely on the skill and talents of a true trial attorney. Andrew Weisberg is an intelligent, aggressive and well-respected trial lawyer. He began his career as a prosecutor and gained great trial experience as lead attorney in hundreds of jury and bench trials. Andrew developed a reputation as a tough attorney who never backed down. He earned a spot in the Capital Litigation Trial bar, an elite group of trial lawyers authorized by the Illinois Supreme Court to try death penalty cases. He also earned membership in the prestigious Federal Trial Bar.
Andrew’s clients have come to expect an intense level of dedication and compassion. When you hire Mr. Weisberg, he will be with you every step of the way. He always takes the time to talk to his clients in great detail and explain the criminal justice process so as to avoid surprises, and he always returns calls promptly.
Mr. Weisberg defends cases in all Cook County courts and the Chicagoloand area. If you or a loved one is facing criminal charges, contact Mr. Weisberg today for a free consultation at (773) 694-8129.
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- Juvenile Law
- White Collar Crime
- Armed Robbery, Aggravated Robbery
- Assault, Battery, Aggravated Battery
- Bond Hearings, Bail Hearings, Preliminary Hearings
- Burglary, Residential Burglary, Auto Burglary
- Cocaine Possession
- Disorderly Conduct
- Drug / Narcotics Offenses
- Felonies, Misdemeanors, Probation violations
- Murder, Homicide, Attempted Murder
- Possession, Manufacturing and Delivery of Controlled Substance
- Sex Offenses, Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse and Assault, Sexual Assault
- Theft, Retail Theft, Forgery
- Shoplifting / Retail Theft
- Possession of Heroin
- Resisting Arrest
- Domestic Battery
- Free Consultation
Feel free to call Andrew any time to discuss your case for free. Andrew will not rush you off the phone but will take as much time as needed to fully understand your case and explain all of your options.
- Credit Cards Accepted
Andrew gladly accepts credit and debit cards, including Visa, Master Card and Discover.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Andrew has flexible fee arrangements. You can always choose between a flat fee or an hourly fee arrangement.
- English: Spoken, Written
- Criminal Defense Lawyer
- Law Offices of Andrew M. Weisberg
- - Current
- After serving the People of the State of Illinois for many years, Andrew opened his law practice so that he could fight to defend those charged with criminal offenses in Chicago and the suburbs.
- Prosecutor / Assistant State's Attorney
- Cook County State's Attorney's Office
- In 2004, Andrew became a prosecutor for Cook County and was assigned to the Chicago office to handle the most serious of crimes. While in Cook County, Andrew continued to prosecute all kinds of violent crimes, sex offenses, white collar cases and other offenses.
- Prosecutor / Assistant State's Attorney
- Will County State's Attorney's Offices
- Andrew began his professional career as a prosecutor in Joliet. Within 18 months on the job, Andrew rose to the level of felony prosecutor. As a felony prosecutor, Andrew handled thousands of cases, including all kinds of violent crimes, sex offenses, white collar cases and countless other cases.
- University of Missouri - Columbia
- J.D. (1996)
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. (1993)
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- National Trial Lawyers
- Federal Trial Bar
- - Current
- Activities: Andrew also earned membership in the prestigious Federal Trial Bar. Only members of the Federal Trial Bar are permitted to handle trials in federal court.
- Capital Litigation Trial Bar
- - Current
- Activities: Andrew earned membership in the Capital Litigation Trial Bar. This is an elite group of Illinois criminal defense lawyers who have been certified by the Illinois Supreme Court to handle death penalty cases.
- Shoplifting in Chicago
- Time Out Chicago (Quoted in Article)
- Mock Trial Judge, John Marshall American Inn of Court, Chicago
- John Marshall American Inn of Court
- Certificate of Completion - Defending IL Death Penalty Cases
- State Appellate Defender
- Chicago Criminal Lawyer
- Skokie Criminal Defense Lawyer
- Chicago Criminal Law Blog
- Can You Get Off the Illinois Sex Offender Registry?
22 March 2019
- Spank Your Child, Get an Aggravated Battery Charge in Illinois?
15 March 2019
- Jussie Smollet: When Making a False Report Is a Felony
10 March 2019
- Bribery in Illinois: A Breakdown of the Laws
28 February 2019
- Order Illegal Drugs in the Mail, Get an IL Trafficking Charge
21 February 2019
- Don’t Do These Things If You Get Arrested in Chicago
14 February 2019
- I Want to Drop Domestic Violence Charges – What Does IL Law Say?
8 February 2019
- Being Investigated for an IL White Collar Crime? You Can Make It Worse
1 February 2019
- Is Your Illinois Teen At-Risk for Committing a Crime?
26 January 2019
(773) 908-9811 Mobile | http://www.chicagocriminallawyer.com/ If you or a loved one has been arrested and charged with a crime in Chicago and are seeking an aggressive and experienced Chicago Criminal...Chicago Criminal Defense Law Firm | DUI | Shoplifitng | Andrew Weisberg
(773) 908-9811 | |http://www.chicagocriminallawyer.com Charged with a Crime in Chicago? Criminal Lawyer Andrew M. Weisberg Can Help When you are facing criminal charges in Chicago, you need a Chicago criminal attorney who...
- Q. My daughter was grabbed by her hair knocked against the wall, hit with an open hand and a beer can thrown at her which
- A: Sorry to hear about what happened to your daughter. I am often asked whether the alleged victim of a crime can drop domestic battery charges. The technical legal answer is no. Any criminal case, including a domestic battery case is brought by the People of the State of Illinois. Therefore, only the government lawyer, also known as the prosecutor, has the authority to dismiss a case. However, as a former prosecutor myself, I would certainly take into account the wishes of the alleged crime victim. I practice primarily in Cook County. In my experience, in most domestic battery cases, where the victim wishes to drop the case the prosecutor will drop the case. Prosecutors generally don't want to compel a domestic violence victim to testify against their wishes. There are cases where the injury is serious or the offender has a violent criminal record and the prosecutor will push harder to move the case forward and may refuse to dismiss the case. However, in Cook County at least, where the victim wishes to drop the domestic battery case the prosecutor will usually go along. You also suggested the idea of the Judge ordering counseling while dropping the charges. Strictly speaking, once the case is dismissed there is no way to enforce the alleged offender actually completing the counseling. I have had cases where my client's wife or girlfriend wants the client to have counseling and drop the case. What I have done as entered into an agreement with the prosecutor that we continue the case for 90 or so days while the client completes counseling. If he completes the counseling and brings proof to court, the case would be dismissed. What you are asking is reasonable and something can likely be worked out.