Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Business Law
- Communications & Internet Law
- Securities Law
- Entertainment & Sports Law
- Intellectual Property
Free initial consultation to investors, founders and executives of emerging growth companies, subject to availability.
- Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- English: Spoken, Written
- Vice President, Legal Affairs and Corporate Secretary
- eHarmony, Inc.
- General counsel and corporate secretary to eHarmony, Inc., the Internet's #1 trusted relationship service, with more than 20 million registered users and $200+ million annual revenue. Member of the senior management team responsible for the company's legal, regulatory and government affairs, privacy/data protection, risk management and stock administration, reporting to the CEO. Built the company's legal function from scratch. Led a combined in-house and external team including three direct reports and more than a dozen outside law firms across five countries with a budget in the $3 million range.
- Assistant General Counsel / Director, Business & Legal Affairs
- MySpace.com / Fox Interactive Media / Intermix Media, Inc.
- Represented MySpace.com, the premier online social networking site/lifestyle portal and one of the most highly trafficked sites on the Internet (with more than 45 billion monthly page views), in corporate and business development, entertainment and technology licensing transactions, policy enforcement, international expansion and related matters. Advised senior management team at its publicly traded parent company with respect to a broad variety of legal matters, with emphasis on complex transactions, public company governance and securities compliance. Helped execute the company's $650 million sale to Fox Interactive Media.
- Director of Legal Affairs / Corporate Counsel
- Gemstar-TV Guide International, Inc.
- Corporate counsel to publicly traded publishing and broadcast media and technology leader in television guidance and home entertainment ($1 billion revenue), a News Corporation company. Responsible for corporate legal matters with emphasis on securities and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, financial reporting, corporate governance and M&A.
- Director, Corporate Counsel
- In-house counsel to publicly traded pioneering broadband Internet content and access provider ($600 million revenue). Advised the corporate and business development teams in strategic transactions (M&A, joint ventures, equity investments, content partnerships). Responsible for corporate governance, securities compliance and stock plan administration, reporting to the General Counsel.
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
- Corporate attorney at the world's leading technology law firm, headquartered in Palo Alto. Represented a broad variety of emerging growth technology companies in the Internet, IT and life sciences industries, as well as venture capital funds and underwriters. Emphasis on start-up, general corporate and intellectual property matters, private equity and debt financing, IPOs, mergers and acquisitions.
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Outside corporate/securities counsel to major NYSE and Nasdaq-traded corporations and financial institutions in strategic transactions including M&A, public offerings and private placements of equity and debt securities, asset securitizations and syndicated credit facilities.
- Columbia Law School
- J.D. (1996) | Law
- Honors: Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
- Activities: Production Editor, Columbia-VLA Journal of Law and the Arts
- Williams College
- B.A. (1993) | Economics
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- - Current
- California State Bar  # 188041
- - Current
- Association of Corporate Counsel
Websites & Blogs
- Antone Johnson on SlideShare
- Mashtag "Blawg"
- Living in Palo Alto before the Internet?!
29 September 2015
- Twitter, Taxes and Turkish Prison
25 April 2014
- AP phone records, al Qaeda and civil liberties: thinking a couple moves ahead
16 May 2013
- The Gust Blog
- What is the most common legal mistake that attorneys see laypeople make?
9 March 2018
- Beyond VC: Funding Options for Early-Stage Startups
17 December 2017
- What Belongs in a Startup’s Pitch Deck?
15 August 2017
- Term Sheet on Quora
Contact & Map