As a litigator, Alan Olson helps his wrongfully discharged clients recover their lost pay and benefits. He has argued four of his cases to the Wisconsin Supreme Court, resulting in expansion of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing for employees, as well as increased protection for employees in retaliatory discharge cases. Undaunted by huge insurance companies, Alan repeatedly sues them in federal courts across the United States in order to recover long-term disability benefits for his disabled clients. Alan also sues big corporations when they defraud the government and retaliate against the employee who blew the whistle. As big money cases are not his only focus– Legal Action of Wisconsin gave Alan’s firm the Outstanding Pro Bono Law Firm Participation Award, and in 2013 Alan was admitted to the Wisconsin Bar's Pro Bono Honor Society. Also recognized by Leading Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, Alan understands that the loss of a long-term job, pay and benefits, is one of the top three stressors a person will ever experience in their life. Alan serves these needs by holding high ethical standards, promptly communicating with his clients, and vigorously pursuing their legal claims, no matter how big or menacing the opponent.
- Employment Law
- Insurance Claims
- Free Consultation
Confidential phone consultation at no charge followed by a flat fee of $350 for in-person consultation if/when viable legal claim is identified by phone.
- Contingent Fees
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Attorney fees often paid by client's employer or insurance carrier
- 7th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- English: Spoken, Written
- Founder/Managing Partner
- Alan C. Olson & Associates, S.C.
- - Current
- The firm was founded to help employees recover lost wages and benefits. Since 1989, the firm has represented thousands of employees of all types including surgeons, lawyers, accountants, sales, and technical staff. The firm pursues claims for long-term disability benefits, discrimination, breach of contract, medical leave, harassment, unemployment compensation and retaliation.
- Marquette University Law School
- J.D. (1989)
- Activities: Primary focus on employment, disability and litigation.
- Litigation - Labor & Employment
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Attorney Alan Olson has been recognized by his peers to be featured in the 2018 version of the prestigious The Best Lawyers in America list for his exemplary Employment Litigation practice. Designation in the Best Lawyers in America distinguishes Olson among the top five percent of private practitioners nationwide. Inclusion in the list is based on a "rigorous peer-review survey comprising more than 7.4 million confidential evaluations by top attorneys", according to Best Lawyers.
- Litigation Counsel of Amwerica
- The Litigation Counsel of America is an invitation-only trial lawyer honorary society established to reflect the new face of the American bar. Membership is limited to 3,500 Fellows, representing less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. The composition of the LCA is aggressively diverse, with recognition of excellence among American litigation and trial counsel across all segments of the bar. The purpose of the LCA is to recognize deserving, experienced, and highly qualified lawyers, to provide an outlet for scholarly authorship of legal articles on trial and litigation practice, to provide additional sources for professional development, to promote superior advocacy and ethical standards in the practice of law, to assist in community involvement by its membership, and to advance a superior judiciary, by taking relevant positions on issues or legislation affecting judicial compensation and/or benefits, as well as those affecting the American litigation processes. Fellows are selected and invited into Fellowship after being evaluated for effectiveness and accomplishment in litigation and trial work, along with ethical reputation. The number of full Fellowships has been kept at an exclusive limit by design, allowing qualifications, diversity and inclusion to align effectively. Fellows are generally at the partner or shareholder level or are independent practitioners with twelve or more years experience.
- Super Lawyers
- Thomson Rueters
- AV Preeminent Rating
- Martindale Hubbell
- AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Leader in the Law
- Wisconsin Law Journal
- Leading Lawyers, Employee Rights
- M Magazine
- Pro Bono Honor Society
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin State Bar # 1008953
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- - Current
- Activities: Wisconsin Employment Lawyers Association; American Association for Justice; Mock Trial High School Competition; Volunteer Lawyers Project; The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society; The Arthritis Foundation; National MS Society; National Fibromyalgia Association;
- Litigation Counsel of Amwerica
- Pitfalls, Pratfalls and Pearls of ERISA-LTD Litigation, Milwaukee Bar Association, Milwaukee, WI
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- Attorney Alan C. Olson presented his white paper on the A-Z process of litigating long-term disability cases in federal court.
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 -- Inside The Treasure Chest, False Claims Act, Milwaukee, WI
- Wisconsin employment benefits and employment rights under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009
- Cardboard Boots, Steroids and Super Rogues, False Claims Act, Milwaukee, WI
- Alan Olson & Assoc. Employee Rights Website
- Disability Benefits Denial Blog
- New Mobile Responsive Website
15 April 2015
- Milwaukee Employment Law Blog
- The sound of justice: A whistleblower lawsuit
15 September 2017
- Fired worker takes on global behemoth and wins
11 September 2017
- Can obesity be considered a disability under the ADA?
6 September 2017
- Alan C. Olson named to 2018 The Best Lawyers in America list
1 September 2017
- Laser eye surgery company settles whistleblower lawsuit
31 August 2017
- An argument for more doctors with disabilities
30 August 2017
- Looking at FMLA rights through an employer's eyes
19 August 2017
- Lesson learned: teacher prevails in racial discrimination lawsuit
10 August 2017
- Celebration muted on anniversary of federal age discrimination protection
2 August 2017
Disability Benefits LawyerMilwaukee Disability Lawyers Employment Law Attorneys WI
Representation of all clientsMilwaukee Discrimination Attorney Wisconsin Lawyer WI
Client QuestionsMilwaukee Disability Claims Lawyer Wisconsin Attorney