Free Consultation: (503) 683-3642Tap to Call This Lawyer
Blake Nathaniel Dore

Blake Nathaniel Dore

Because Everyone Needs a Good Lawyer
  • Traffic Tickets, DUI & DWI, Criminal Law...
  • Oregon, Washington
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

I am dedicated to your defense. My practice includes the full range of criminal cases including traffic tickets, minor in possession, drug manufacture and possession charges and domestic violence (DV) charges. I also do civil matters such as no contact orders, restraining orders and forfeitures.

Having defended hundreds of cases, I have a established a reputation as a zealous advocate for my clients. I focus on reaching the best possible outcome for your case - whether a plea bargain or challenging the charge at trial.

Practice Areas
  • Traffic Tickets
  • DUI & DWI
  • Criminal Law
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Domestic Violence
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Hourly and flat fee rates available.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Dore Law Firm, LLC
- Current
Doré Long, LLC
Dore Long is a collaboration between attorneys Blake Dore and Morgan Long to bring the best legal help at reasonable rates through the Portland metro area including Vancouver. Call for a consult!
Dore Law Firm, LLC
I formed Dore Law Firm, LLC to provide high quality, reasonably priced legal services to the people of the Portland metro area including Clark County. I focus on criminal defense, civil litigation and estate planning. Everyone needs a good lawyer - let me be yours!
Defense Attorney
Vancouver Defenders
Blake has established a reputation as a zealous advocate for his clients. He focuses on reaching the best possible outcome for client's cases whether a plea bargain or challenging the charge at trial. Practice Areas include: Infractions, tickets, misdemeanors, felonies, Assault, Theft, Malicious Mischief, Driving While Suspended, Harassment, Manufacture and Possession of Drugs Domestic Violence Charges, No Contact and Restraining Orders
Lewis & Clark Law School
J.D. | Law
Honors: Best Mock Appellate Brief, 2004
Lewis & Clark Law School Logo
Professional Associations
American Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Washington Defenders Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Washington Committee on Diversity
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
8 Questions Answered

Q. Do I have to pay for discovery's I request? Traffic
A: Generally, in traffic cases you have to track down the discovery you want. With OSP, you should send a letter to their records department with a $25.00 check. That's usually their minimum fee. They will notify you if there are further fees that need to be paid. Unfortunately, OSP is extremely slow in providing discovery and your court date may come and go before you receive anything. Traffic cases can be deceptively difficult to win. You may wish to consult with or hire an attorney to help you make your best case. Good luck!
Q. Can the court accept a nolo contendere plea when there is no evidence to indicate guilt? In Oregon
A: It certainly isn't supposed to do that. See ORS § 135.395 - Determining accuracy of plea - After accepting a plea of guilty or no contest, the court shall not enter a judgment without making such inquiry as may satisfy the court that there is a factual basis for the plea. [1973 c.836 §169] Most courts either have the State lay a factual basis or ask defense counsel if there is a factual basis for the plea. If there aren't sufficient facts, the court shouldn't accept the plea.
Q. Transfering Parol to a different state
A: It's possible to transfer your supervision to another state by going through the Interstate Compact for Adult Offender Supervision (ICAOS). Check out the ICAOS rules here: to see if you would qualify and talk with your PO to see how to begin the process. Good luck!
Q. If I was arrested for a felony in Oregon, can I leave the state of Oregon before my arraignment?
A: Generally, you have to sign a release agreement when you get out of jail. Many courts have a default condition of release that you may not leave the state and, if you do, you waive extradition from wherever you end up. Violating a condition of release is a very quick way to find yourself back in custody and facing a large bond to have to get back out. You should review your conditions of release and, if that doesn't answer your question, contact the court where you will be arraigned or a local attorney for more info.
Q. What shoud i do about the girl lieing to the detective
A: You're in a tough situation. Your primary goal should not be to get revenge or file charges on her but rather to defend yourself against any false allegations. You may want to consider finding and retaining evidence that could help you like any text messages, call records or voicemails made around the time of the alleged theft. Names and contact information for the witnesses and perhaps written statements that be used to avoid charges or refresh your witnesses' memories in the future. An attorney would be able to help you amass this evidence, store it and also represent you if the police do come calling. If you don't have an attorney, make sure to ask for one immediately if the police contact you. Anything you say to the police can be used against you. One final note is that she may be blowing smoke. I assume she must be a medical marijuana patient to even consider calling the police. If not, she would be admitting to a crime. Best of luck!
Q. What is the sentence for assault 2 in washington state?
A: It depends on the defendant's criminal history. No priors? 3-9 months. Then it increases from there by each point (prior): 6 - 12 months / 12+ - 14 months / 13 - 17 months / 15 - 20 months / 22 - 29 months / 33 - 43 months / 43 - 57 months / 53 - 70 months / 63 - 84 months Good luck!
Q. Can an inmate get a furlough for their childs baptism?
A: The answer to your question may depend on where the inmate is being housed. Washington Department of Corrections only allows escorted leave from prisons for: 1) to receive necessary medical or dental care that is not available at the facility; 2) to attend the funeral or visit the deathbed of an immediate family member; 3) work program; 4) to volunteer in the community; 5) mandatory court hearing; 6) other appropriate reasons with approval. The inmate should apply to DOC (or wherever he or she is housed) for permission. Per the Justia terms of service, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.
Q. One house seperated for rental purposes, 1 warant connected activities of one occupant is a second warrant req. for 2nd?
A: It's hard to answer your question without more specifics. Generally, a warrant must clearly specify the place to be searched. If the house is divided by purpose - i.e. you get upstairs and I get downstairs - one warrant may be enough. If the two are physically, permanently separated by walls with separate entrances and separate addresses then a second warrant would probably be required. You should get an attorney to discuss the issue in more detail. Per the Justia terms of service, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
Main Portland Office
6510 SE Foster Rd.
Suite D
Portland, OR 97202
Telephone: (503) 683-3642
Fax: (503) 482-7424