Free Consultation: (501) 725-5019Tap to Call This Lawyer
Brandon M Haubert

Brandon M Haubert

Wilson & Haubert, PLLC
  • Bankruptcy, Estate Planning, Probate...
  • Arkansas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawgsearchSocial Media

I grew up in Clarksville, Arkansas, where I learned the most important parts about lawyering: How to work hard, how to to work smart, and how to work out problems with other people. The rest I picked up in law school and my first few years of practice, but I firmly believe that most of what makes me a good advocate I learned growing up. Before law school, I attended Arkansas Technical College and earned a bachelor’s degree in business. This is where I learned about business, which guides my approach to lawyering—I like to emphasize efficiency, customer service, and communication. The law is not merely a business to me, but it definitely is at least a business. I serve my clients best when my firm is running like a machine. I did well in law school and earned the distinction of “Honors” upon graduation. I also got my M.B.A., which has been helpful starting a law firm. But grades are only so important. I also tried to build an excellent reputation with members of the legal community when I clerked for the Arkansas Attorney General, Federal Public Defender, and various firms in Little Rock. I have built my practice around these relationships and the reputation I have for honesty, candor, and care. I handle estate planning and probate, along with any litigation issues that accompany those fields. I feel a little unique in my ability to wear both of those hats. Most lawyers want to either draft the trust or fight about the trust. I can do both. I co-founded my firm Wilson & Haubert, PLLC, three days after I received my results from the Bar exam. It sounds crazy to say it like that, I will admit. If I could go back and do this over, I suspect I would do many things differently, but I have never regretted my decision to start something new. It has not been easy, but it was the right decision. I am excited about the future of law and the future of my law firm. As we continue to adopt technology, expand into new areas, we hope to better serve our clients.

Practice Areas
  • Bankruptcy
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Elder Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
8th Circuit
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Wilson & Haubert, PLLC
- Current
Arkansas Tech University
B.S. / Marketing & Management (2008)
University of Arkansas School of Law
J.D. (2013)
University of Arkansas - Little Rock
MBA (2013)
Top 40 Under 40
The National Advocates
Runner Up in Fullest Beard
The Arkansas Times/The Root Cafe
Professional Associations
Arkansas Children’s Hospital Professional Advisory Council
- Current
American Bar Association
- Current
Arkansas Bar Association
Member, Legal Forms Committee
- Current
Pulaski County Bar Association
- Current
Articles & Publications
Fractured Justice: No Expungement for Exonerees
The Arkansas Journal of Social Change and Public Service
Speaking Engagements
Legal Technology, Bowen Hackathon, UALR Bowen School of Law
UALR Bowen of School of Law
Top Contributor
Legal Answers
34 Questions Answered

Q. If all beneficiaries of an irrevocable trust agree, can 100 per cent agreement remove a current trustee in Arkansas?
A: It depends in the language in the trust. The trust could limit the trustee's removal. If you don't have a copy of the trust, you can request one from the trustee. Then go see a lawyer.
Q. Is an unwitnessed handwritten will valid in Arkansas?
A: Yes, if it fits the requirements of a holographic Will. 28-25-104. Holographic wills generally. When the entire body of the will and the signature shall be written in the proper handwriting of the testator, the will may be established by the evidence of at least three (3) credible disinterested witnesses to the handwriting and signature of the testator, notwithstanding there may be no attesting witnesses to the will.
Q. Are there any laws stating landlord's have to follow health and/or safety codes?
A: You need to take your lease to a lawyer for review. In Arkansas, generally in a party to a contract materially breaches the contract, then the other party is released from performing under the contract.
Q. Can a family member who's convicted of a felony be a guardian of a minor in arkansas
A: The only way to be a guardian is to be pardoned by the governor. You can look at § 28-65-203. Qualifications of guardian (a) A natural person who is a resident of this state, eighteen (18) or more years of age, of sound mind, not a convicted and unpardoned felon, is qualified to be appointed guardian of the person and of the estate of an incapacitated person.
Q. If a felon is caught in possession of a fire arm by certain person, but is a non violent felon, what happens
A: You are still a felon in possession. You need to hire a lawyer to assist you.
Q. How can I end my lease early?
A: You need to take your lease to a lawyer for review. In Arkansas, generally in a party to a contract materially breaches the contract, then the other party is released from performing under the contract.
Q. What happens when a will is not probated within 5 years of $100,100.
A: The will cannot be probated if it is 5 years after the date of death of the decedent. Depending on what type of assets they are - land, bank account, cars - you can use different documents to transfer the interest. You should contact a lawyer to assist you.
Q. Is there any way to make a dynasty trust good for only the oldest child born?
A: You can make whomever you want the beneficiary or trustee. If you just want the oldest child to inherit, that is fine and you can put language in there to that effect. Make sure you are creating a trust that effectuates what you want. Do not leave it to the oldest child because "they know what to do with it."
Q. Should I move to dismiss?
A: Counterclaims are typically used in response to Complaints. From the info in the question it appears you filed a motion. He would need to file a Response to your Motion. That being said, being served matters, technically he is should to respond to your motion and you should to respond to his. Or neither one of you can respond and you can just set a hearing and go to court. The judge will not likely grant your motion to dismiss.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Bryant Office
301 Roya Ln # 1
Bryant, AR 72022
Cell: (501) 725-5019
Fax: (501) 372-1206
North Little Rock Office
1 Riverfront Place, Suite 745
North Little Rock, AR 72114
Cell: (501) 725-5019
Fax: (501) 372-1206
Cabot Office
206 North First Street
Cabot, AR 72023
Cell: (501) 725-5019
Fax: (501) 372-1206
Clarksville Office
102 S. Fulton St., Suite B
Clarksville, AR 72830
Cell: (501) 725-5019
Fax: (501) 372-1206