Charles M.  Baron

Charles M. Baron

Law & Mediation Offices of Charles M. Baron, P.A.
  • Personal Injury, Civil Rights, Consumer Law ...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

Offering top-notch legal services in South Florida for over 34 years.

Practice Areas
    Personal Injury
    Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
    Civil Rights
    Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
    Consumer Law
    Class Action, Lemon Law
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Employment Law
    Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
    Appeals & Appellate
    Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Animal & Dog Law
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Arbitration & Mediation
    Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
Additional Practice Areas
  • Land Use & Zoning
  • Car Accidents
  • Slip & Fall
  • Police Misconduct/False Arrest
  • General Civil
  • Condominium Law
  • Discrimination
  • Handicap Rights
  • Malicious Prosecution
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    Contingent (percentage) fees offered in appropriate cases
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Free consultations for some types of cases; otherwise, reasonable consultation fees.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
11th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Finnish: Spoken, Written
  • German: Spoken, Written
  • Swedish: Spoken, Written
University of Florida
J.D. (1984) | Law
University of Florida Logo
University of Florida
B.A. (1981) | Political Science
University of Florida Logo
Professional Associations
Broward County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida Dispute Resolution Center
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Association of South Florida Mediators and Arbitrators
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Lawyers Guild
Placeholder image for professional associations.
South Broward Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Federal District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Current
Activities: Volunteer Lawyers Program
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida Bar  # 509825
- Current
Activities: Federal District Court, Federal Appeals Court
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
Florida Dispute Resolution Center
Qualified Arbitrator
Florida Supreme Court
Websites & Blogs
Facebook Page
Legal Answers
371 Questions Answered
Q. I am being sued by a collection company that bought my account from a credit card. What do I need to do to prepare?
A: That depends on whether you have any defense. If you're not sure if you have any defense, consult an attorney. If you know for certain that you have no defense, contact plaintiff's counsel to make an offer (for example, 50% of the total, payable in installments of $50 a month), and see if you can amicably resolve it. If not amicably resolved by the time of your pretrial conference, the judge will likely order you to mediate (possibly the same day), where you'd have to get into a discussion with a mediator to see if you the matter can be amicably resolved at that time. If you have no viable defense, and you don't amicably resolve it, you are likely looking at liability for a substantial amount of attorney's fees and costs, in addition to the amount being claimed right now.
Q. If a company donated land to build a library with a reverter clause in 1979, would it be void in 2021 based on this law?
A: You ask if it would be void "based on this law", without saying which law you are referring to. Did you leave something out, or did you mean to ask if there is any law that would void it out? I suggest you re-phrase.
Q. I ate chicken breast from a restaurant and instantly began to feel nauseous accompanied by headache what should I do?
A: Did you need to get medical treatment? If yes, keep the food frozen in order to analyzed by a lab and consult a personal injury attorney immediately. If no, though you have a potential claim for money damages, the minimal damage to you is such that it's likely that no attorney will be interested in representing you. If the latter is the case, you have the option of presenting a claim in writing to the restaurant, which would be turned over to their insurance company - which would view the damage as minimal and which might or might not make some very small offer, such as a few hundred bucks, to settle the matter.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
AmeriLaw Bldg.
2514 Hollywood Blvd.
Suite 408
Hollywood, FL 33020
Toll-Free: (888) 909-1906
Telephone: (954) 919-5669
Fax: (305) 933-9992
Monday: 10 AM - 6:30 PM (Today)
Tuesday: 10 AM - 6:30 PM
Wednesday: 10 AM - 6:30 PM
Thursday: 10 AM - 6:30 PM
Friday: 10 AM - 5:30 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Appointments outside of business hours are also available.