Free Consultation: (904) 685-1200Tap to Call This Lawyer
David M. Goldman
  • Estate Planning, Elder Law, Probate...
  • Florida, Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldBlawgsearchSocial Media

Firm works with Asset Protection, Estate Planning, Wills, & Trusts, Probate, Jacksonville Foreclosure Defense,Employment, Criminal Law, DUI, Elder Law Guardianship, Gun Trust, NFA Firearms, NFA Trust, Gun rights, Probate, Probate Litigation, Trusts, Trust Litigation. Licensed in Texas and Florida

Practice Areas
  • Estate Planning
  • Elder Law
  • Probate
  • Bankruptcy
  • Business Law
  • Criminal Law
  • Divorce
  • DUI & DWI
  • Family Law
  • Juvenile Law
  • Real Estate Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Asset Protection
  • Adoption
  • Business Formation
  • Child Custody
  • Child Support Enforcement
  • Florida Guardianship
  • General Civil
  • Insurance Bad Faith
  • NFA Firearms Trust
  • Probate Litigation
  • Trust Litigation
  • Trusts
  • Free Consultation
    Free consultation on estate planning, probate, and business formations. All other areas the consultation fee applies to any services.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    limited cases accepted on contingent fees
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Rates and retainers vary by practice area
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Law Office of David M. Goldman PLLC
- Current
Wood, Atter & Wolf
Florida Coastal School of Law
Honors: Deans Scholars 2005 and 2006; 5 book awards
University of London
(2005) International Law
Professional Associations
American Bar Association
Estate Planning Professionals Network
- Current
Jacksonville Bar Association
- Current
Florida State Bar
- Current
Speaking Engagements
Emerging Issues for Attorney Advertising Through the Internet
Florida Coastal School of Law
Law firm Marketing
Florida Coastal School of Law
Course on Aging
University of North Florida
Asset protection and the Florida Limited Liability Company (LLC)
North Florida Council of Enrolled Agents
Florida Bar License
Florida State Bar
Texas Bar License
Texas State Bar
Websites & Blogs
David Goldman's Website Profile
Law Office of David M. Goldman PLLC
Florida Foreclosure Lawyer
Jacksonville Foreclosure Defense
Jacksonville Criminal Defense Lawyer Blog
NFA Gun Trust Lawyer Blog
Jacksonville Foreclosure Defense Lawyers Blog
Jacksonville Bankruptcy Lawyer Blog
Jacksonville Divorce Attorney Blog
Legal Answers
70 Questions Answered

Q. Father died in 2015. My brother was executor. He deeded house to grandson before he died. Grandson was to pay
A: Yes, there is a time limit to claim payments. The time limit depends on the facts and what was done. It may be as long as 5 years or could be much shorter depending on what type of claim you actually have.
Q. Grandson and his wife did sign mortgage back in 2014 when Father deeded him his house. When he died in
A: You will need to review the facts with an estate planning attorney to determine if you have rights or it has been too long to do anything.
Q. My mother has dementia and a court appointed Guardian. Her caregiver (brother) cut my sister and I from the will.
A: Have a guardianship attorney review this, generally, a guardian does not have this right
Q. How long does probate generally take? I'm visiting Florida for a week to handle my father's affairs. Is that enough time
A: NO, you can get started in a week but a probate can take 60-90 days for a summary administration and 6-12 months for a formal administration. These times are assuming nothing goes wrong or there are no delays.
Q. I have a question about filing an amendment to my petiton
A: You should review the documents with an attorney so they can give you accurate information.
Q. If my brother had set money away in his private checking account, can his family petition to have access to it to pay
A: Generally, a probate will be required to access the funds in an account that an individual had.
Q. How can I get a lawyer to assist with getting homeowner's insurance to respond after Irma damage and or management?
A: Consult with a property attorney who deals with hurricane damage.
Q. My sister died not leaving a will. She had a mortgage on her home. And a car. Is there a. LEgal way for me to follow her
A: There is nothing that says you can't make the payments. Whether you are entitled to the property is another issue. You should consult with a probate attorney to determine who the property belongs to.
Q. My Mom died more than a year ago. I am the heir and trustee of the living trust. I have 2 checks that are made out to
A: You can petition the court to accept the copy, Hire an attorney to help handle this for you
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Law Office of David M. Goldman PLLC
Jacksonville Office
3733 University Blvd W
Jacksonville, FL 32217
Telephone: (904) 685-1200
Fax: (904) 875-4081
Law Office of David M. Goldman PLLC
Ponte Vedra Beach Office - Satellite office with limited services and hours. A Call for an appointment.
822 A1A N
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
Telephone: (904) 425-1910
Fax: (904) 875-4081