Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldBlawg SearchResponsive Law
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Workers' Compensation
- Medical Malpractice
- Animal & Dog Law
Additional Practice Areas
- Car Accidents
- Auto Accidents
See us in our office, or, if you cannot travel, we'll either come to you or Uber you here. Never a charge for initial consultation.
29% Attorney fees for cases settled without litigation.
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
If you have have very high medical bills and the other insurance has a relatively minimal policy, we will work with you.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Chinese: Spoken
- English: Spoken, Written
- Greek: Spoken, Written
- Hmong: Spoken
- Russian: Spoken
- Serbian: Spoken, Written
- Serbo-Croatian: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Ukrainian: Spoken, Written
- Edward A Smith Law Offices
- - Current
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- J.D. (1982) | Law
- University of California - Davis
- B.A. | Political Science
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- 10.0 Rating
- Million Dollar Forum
- Lawyers in the US who have Multiple Million Dollar Awards or Settlements
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Top 1%
- Attorney's in the top 1% of personal injury lawyers nationally in terms of verdicts, settlements and reputation.
- Sacramento Top Lawyers
- Sacramento Magazine
- Litigator Award
- Trial Lawyers Board of Regents
- California State Bar  # 105263
- Sacramento County Bar Association
- Consumer Attorney's of California
- Capital City Trial Lawyers Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- San Francisco Trial Lawyer's Association
- Los Angeles Trial Lawyer's Association
Articles & Publications
- 20 Web Sites All Injury Attorney's Should Know
- Law Office Computing
- A Consumers Guide to California Accident Law
- California AutoAccident Guide
- How to Determine Whether You Need to Pay a Medical Lien or Reimbursement on Your Accident
- Hiring and Training Paralegals , Sacramento, ca
- St. Mary's College
- Workshop training personal injury paralegals in the intricacies of day to day practice.
- Best practices in Managing Chronic Disease and Trauma
- INstitute for Brain Potential
- The Brain injury case: What the trial lawyer needs to know
- Brain Injury Association
- Certificate of Accomplishment 2016
- Capital City Trial Lawyers
Websites & Blogs
- Edward A. Smith's Website Profile
- Edward A Smith Law Offices Website
- RSD - Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Attorney
- Machine Accident Lawyer
- Livestock Accident Lawyer
- Sacramento Injury Attorneys Blog
4 Questions Answered
- Q. I am a plaintiff in a personal injury case. Defendant filed a Summary Judgement which was denied.
- A: Something doesn't sound right here. Is this a disputed liability case? How did you fracture your knee. Do you have a trial date yet? It may not be too late to substitute another attorney, but it depends on how close to trial you are or whether you will be able to get a continuance.
- Q. Under what conditions can a person withdraw their agreement to a settlment if the defendant has not paid in a year?
- A: Reach out to your attorney who represented you for your original settlement to discuss this matter. I do not know the particulars of your case. Since I did not represent you for the initial case, I cannot state if you have money set aside from your settlement for future treatment. However, generally speaking, if you have settled your claim then it cannot be re-opened.
- Q. I was at-fault in a car accident last year. I am a California resident.
- A: If you file Bankruptcy, your IRA is protected up to 1 Million Dollars. They will likely go away. Ed Smith
Contact & Map