Jeffrey Moore

Jeffrey Moore

Attorney in Campbell, CA
  • Bankruptcy, Business Law, Divorce ...
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Attorney Jeffrey M. Moore has 20 years experience assisting consumers and small business in Silicon Valley.

He was raised in Santa Clara County, graduated from Santa Clara University School of Law (Juris Doctor) and Santa Clara Leavey School of Business (MBA).

Mr. Moore is a recognized authority in family, bankruptcy, and landlord/tenant law. Visit our website for information on how we can assist you with your legal issue.

Practice Areas
  • Bankruptcy
  • Business Law
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Real Estate Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Car Accidents
  • Does Not Currently Practice Law
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Flat fees for bankruptcies; $200/hr for family law matters. Discounted initial consultation $50 for 1 hour
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken
Professional Experience
Law Office of Jeffrey M. Moore
- Current
Small, established law firm in downtown Campbell emphasizing family law (custody, visitation, child support spousal support, property division, divorce,etc.) bankruptcy (Chap 7 & Chap 13), personal injury and other civil litigation including small business disputes and unlawful detainer (eviction) cases.
Santa Clara University
MBA (1991)
Placeholder image for education.
Santa Clara University School of Law
J.D. (1990)
Santa Clara University School of Law Logo
California State University - East Bay
B.S. (1986) | Major: Business Admin | Minor: Psychology
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
American Bar Association
Advisory Panel
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association
Member, General Practice, Small Firms & Solo Practioner Division
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Santa Clara County Bar LRS
Panel Attorney Lanldord/Tenant, Panel Attorney Collection
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California State Bar  # 153420
Member #153420
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
73 Questions Answered

Q. I bought my house five years before i got married. my wife sign a quit claim. is that enough for me to keep property?
A: That's a good start, but you should have an attorney draft a written agreement for you and your wife to sign. This way you will make it clear that both of you intend that the home remains entirely your separate property. Characterization of property becomes complicated without an agreement as community property income is used to pay the mortgage, make repairs, and perhaps pay for upgrades.
Q. Does accepting ins. settlement in car accident prevent suing in civil court?>
A: Yes. As a condition of issuing the settlement draft, the insurance carrier will require that you sign a release of the insured. The release prevents you from having a meritorious case because the defendant would successfully raise the defense of 'accord and satisfaction'. An exception would be if there were more than one party at fault in the accident, you could sue the party or parties that you did not release, but this is very rare.
Q. Can a defendant in a limited civil suit (for$) DEMAND evidence of personal service other than proces server's affidavit
A: You can file a Motion to Quash Service of Process, and the court will hear evidence regarding whether or not you were properly served. This procedure is not used very often because it basically just delays the inevitable. For example, even if the plaintiff loses on the motion, he can just have you served again at the courthouse exit after the hearing.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Law Officeof Jeffrey Moore
155 E. Campbell Avenue
Suite 121
Campbell, CA 95008
Telephone: (408) 915-8043
Fax: (408) 608-2105