Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
- Employment Law
- Civil Rights
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- District of Columbia
- 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, all districts of California
- Russian: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken
- Kaplan Weiss LLP
- - Current
- This firm was known as Kaplan Lee LLP until January, 2014 when it adopted its current name.
- Associate, Partner
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith LLP
- This firm was formerly known as Lewis, D'Amato, Brisbois & Bisgaard LLP
- Duke University School of Law
- Duke University Law School
- Emory University
- Martindale-Hubbell provides the most widely recognized peer review ratings for attorneys’ legal skills and ethics. An AV-rating is its highest rating and signifies preeminence in the profession.
- Top Rated Super Lawyer
- Super Lawyers
- Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. This selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations.
- Top 20 Under 40
- The Daily Journal
- California's leading legal newspaper named Jonathon Kaplan one of the top 20 lawyers under 40 in 2001, identifying him as one of the leaders in the profession.
- District of Columbia Bar
- California State Bar  # 150838
- - Current
Articles & Publications
- Get Ready for 2015 Employment Law Changes
- KACPA Journal
- 2015 Employment Law Update , KACPA Seminar , Rancho Palos Verdes, California
- Korean American Certified Public Accountants
Websites & Blogs
- Kaplan Weiss LLP
- Kaplan Weiss LLP Blog
7 Questions Answered
- Q. Recently terminated, as a cook. Was informed by letter that I was recorded on audio, I was unaware, nor had I consented.
- A: It sounds like you might have a case for wrongful termination. In addition, you may have a claim against your employer if they recorded you without your consent, which is a felony in California. Contact an employment lawyer for help.
- Q. I worked full-time and decided to go to on-call status. During my full-time status, I accrued 40hrs PTO.
- A: If you are no longer working for the company, they were required to cash you out immediately. If they do not do so, they could be liable to you for a waiting penalty equal to your daily rate multiplied by the number of days you haven't been paid, up to 30 days. Consider contacting an employment lawyer for more specific advice.
- Q. Don't laws prohibiting gun ownership violate the 2nd Amendment.?
- A: No. The right to bear arms guaranteed by the Second Amendment is not absolute. It must be balanced against other rights and interests. The United States Supreme Court stated as much in the landmark case of D.C. v. Heller: "Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose. For example, concealed weapons prohibitions … possessions of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing condition and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms." The Court also upheld the historical ban on dangerous and unusal weapons, holding that assault rifles with large clips can be outlawed.
Contact & Map