Free Consultation: (208) 391-2020Tap to Call This Lawyer
Jordan C. Moody

Jordan C. Moody

Wilner & O'Reilly, APLC
  • Immigration Law
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Jordan Moody is the managing attorney at the firm's Boise, Idaho office. He specializes in immigration law, and is particularly involved in representing clients in family-based, transactional, asylum, U-visa, and removal defense cases. One of Wilner & O’Reilly’s many bilingual attorneys, Jordan is also fluent in the Spanish language. Jordan did his undergraduate studies at Brigham Young University. He attended law school at the University of Iowa College of Law. While there, Jordan served as president of the Iowa Student Bar Association, the law school's student government. Before joining the team at Wilner & O’Reilly, he worked at the University of Iowa's legal clinic where he handled family-based, asylum, removal defense, and U-visa cases for indigent clients. In his spare time, Jordan enjoys spending time with his family, the outdoors, nutrition, and reading his kindle in any spare moment. Jordan, his wife Cami, and their dog Scout reside in Boise, Idaho.

Practice Area
  • Immigration Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
Wilner & O'Reilly, APLC
- Current
University of Iowa
J.D. (2014)
Honors: Boyd Service Award
Activities: ISBA President
Top Contributor
Boyd Service Award
University of Iowa
Professional Associations
Utah State Bar # 15203
American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Current
Articles & Publications
Expanded Provisional Waiver Program
Firm Website
Speaking Engagements
Primera Llamada, Nampa, Idaho
La Mejor
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
11 Questions Answered

Q. can a person with no amercian citizenship visit a incarcerated?
A: That's going to depend on what identification documents the prison will accept. Call the prison where your boyfriend is being held and ask them what forms of ID would be accepted for visits. A foreign passport should be sufficient for them.
Q. Can I apply for asylum if I change my religion while in the United States
A: Yes. You will not need to worry about the one year deadline because of a change of circumstances, and because you are in current lawful status. Consult an immigration lawyer for specific direction based on your specific case.
Q. What is adjustment of status?
A: Adjustment of status is when a non-immigrant visa holder "adjusts status" to that of a legal permanent resident, or green card holder. An example would be a student visa holder marrying a U.S. citizen and "adjusting status" to that of a legal permanent resident green card holder, based on their marriage to a U.S. citizen. Adjustment of status is not to be confused with a "change of status" which is when a non-immigrant visa holder changes status to that of another non-immigrant visa. In other words, an adjustment of status ends with the receipt of a green card.
Q. Is the local police force in my town required to work with ICE?
A: Local law enforcement can choose to work with ICE, but they can also choose not to. States and municipalities do not have any obligation to enforce federal laws, including immigration enforcement. It will depend on your local law enforcement's policy.
Q. My British Company has been hired to host an event in the US. Will we need work visas?
A: When will this take place, and who is the U.S. company contracting you? How big is the core team? Two weeks is a very short time, so you might just look at a way to use the ESTA program. For something bullet-proof, you might want to do P visas if we can classify your core group as an "entertainment group." Definitely consult an immigration attorney.
Q. What does it mean if you get a notice to appear in immigration court?
A: It means that you have been placed in removal proceedings and must defend yourself before an immigration judge. Reach out to an immigration attorney that can be your advocate. There may be options available for you to fight your case. Best of luck.
Q. Eligibility for Green Card
A: In order to be eligible for an application for a green card, he needs a legal entry. This can be done through an application for advanced parole through his status as a DACA recipient. Schedule a time to meet with an immigration attorney to go through the details. Some attorneys offer a free consultation.
Q. I am asylum seeker in italy can I travel to country close to my country of origin
A: You have to look at whether this travel will allow the government to argue that you are not afraid to return to your country of origin. It is possible, but it might not help your case. Consult an immigration attorney with the specific facts of your case for a more specific answer.
Q. I have a friend that came to america on a F1 visa and then applied for an OPT post visa and it was cancelled.
A: After the F1 and OPT, it does not revert to an F1. From what I can tell from these facts, the person is now out of status and will have a 60 day grace period to leave or fix their status. Contact an immigration attorney so they can get all of the facts and give you the most accurate legal advice. This response does not constitute legal advice. Good luck!
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
950 W. Bannock St.
Suite 1100
Boise, ID 83702
Telephone: (208) 391-2020