Free Consultation: (831) 275-1002Tap to Call This Lawyer
Julie King

Julie King

Business Law | Estate Planning
  • Business Law, Estate Planning
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial MediaResponsive Law

With 30 years’ experience, Julie King practices law with the highest standards of ethics and professionalism. She handles a wide variety of estate planning and business matters including: (1) ESTATE PLANNING - wills and trusts, health care directives, powers of attorney, special needs trusts, pet trusts; and (2) BUSINESS LAW - corporation/LLC/partnership formation, annual meeting minutes, corporate records, contracts, mergers and acquisitions, and employee training.

Julie served as in-house counsel to major international corporations, including Toshiba America, where she worked for 15 years. She understands businesses in a way many lawyers do not simply because she has experienced the day-to-day interactions first-hand. See the difference a trained in-house counsel can make in your business.

Call today for a FREE initial consultation! (831) 275-1002

Practice Areas
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Additional Practice Areas
  • Form Corporations, LLCs and Partnerships
  • Business Transactions & Contracts
  • Trusts, Wills, Powers of Attorney, Health Care Directives
  • Real Estate Grant Deeds and Related Documentation
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Pierce King, P.C. bills hourly or charges a flat fee, depending on the type of matter. On occasion, Pierce King may enter into an alternative fee arrangement to accommodate clients in special circumstances.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Assistant General Counsel
Toshiba America
Julie was an in-house counsel for Toshiba for 15 years and handled a wide variety of matters for the corporation. She helped the Human Resources Dept. with employment matters and policy drafting, the Sales Dept. with contracts, the Finance Dept. with guaranties, and anyone else in the company who needed assistance in any area of law. She would be honored to do the same for you. Call today!
Univ of California at Los Angeles
Undergraduate Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Loyola Law School
Law Degree
Placeholder image for education.
Woman of Distinction in the Legal Community
Los Angeles Bar Association
Volunteer of the Month (Awarded multiple times.)
Monterey Peninsula Chamber of Commerce
Professional Associations
Monterey County Business Council
Board of Directors
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Monterey Peninsula Chamber of Commerce
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Monterey County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California State Bar  # 132813
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Orange County Bar Association, Corporate Counsel Section
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
License to Practice Law
California Bar Association
Websites & Blogs
Pierce King Law Website
AVVO - Lawyer Ratings
Legal Answers
20 Questions Answered

Q. would it be legal to someone else' s products on my website and have my site name similar to the product name?
A: The answer is it depends. If the person who owns the product and product name claims trademark rights to the product name and your name is substantially likely to cause confusion in consumers' minds as to who produced the product, then you would be infringing on the other person's trademark rights. For example, if you sold shoes with a "swoosh" similar to Nike's, but not EXACTLY the same as Nike's, the legal question would be whether the person who buys your shoes is likely to think they actually manufactured by Nike. If it is likely that people would think it is a Nike product, then you would be infringing on Nike's rights. The other question is whether you are authorized to sell the other person's products in the first place. In some instances, you don't need a license to sell someone else's products. For example, selling property you own at a garage sale is perfectly fine. But, in other instances, you would be violating the law by selling someone else's property. For example, if you took a movie and intentionally changed a few things to try to make it your own, then sold it as something new. I generally say it is like borrowing someone else's bike, putting a ribbon on the handle bars, then selling the bike AS IF it was your own. I hope this helps!
Q. Writing an agreement with someone in a foreign company.
A: There are a lot of different types of contracts and each one contains different terms. Is it a master services agreement? A joint development agreement? An employment agreement? Without knowing the type of contract and the terms both sides agreed to, a lawyer cannot advise you. There are just too many options. I tell people all the time that entering into critical business contracts — whether domestic or international — without legal oversight will cost them a lot more money than if they had simply hired a lawyer in the first place. This is just an observation after 30 years of seeing what happens in situations where critical contracts were written by lay people vs lawyers. If your contract is foundational to your business, you should hire a lawyer who can add terms to protect your business.
Q. Looking for a lawyer in my area experienced with working in startups. Will need a letter of agreement. Thank you.
A: Many lawyers with experience handling business formation issues, such as myself, offer free initial consultations. We are not allowed to respond to direct requests such as yours, but we can say that you may contact whomever you wish! Justia is a wonderful way to find someone. Best wishes! Julie P. King, Esq. PIERCE KING, P.C. Southern California: (949) 689-2012 Central and Northern California: (831) 275-1002
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Monterey, CA
2100 Garden Road, Suite G
Monterey, CA 93940
Telephone: (831) 275-1002
Fax: (831) 222-3042
Monday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed (Today)
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Meetings available after hours and on Saturdays by appointment. Meetings are in person (wearing masks, socially distanced, etc.); via Zoom, Skype or FaceTime; or conference call. Contact us today to set an appointment for a FREE initial consultation!
Newport Beach, CA
1621 Santiago Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Telephone: (949) 689-2012
Fax: (949) 258-8465
Notice: Meetings by appointment. Meetings may be in person (using masks and appropriate social distancing); via Zoom, Skype or FaceTime; or a conference call. Contact us today to schedule a FREE initial consultation!