Free Consultation: (903) 871-1714Tap to Call This Lawyer
Kacie Marie Czapla

Kacie Marie Czapla

  • Tax Law, Business Law, Bankruptcy ...
  • Eastern District of Texas, Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I am a tax attorney and CPA with a varied work experience. I spent multiple years working for PricewaterhouseCoopers in Houston in Mergers and Acquisitions. I also spent a couple of years teaching tax accounting at SFA; I still teach part-time at TJC. Although I no longer represent the Exxons of the world, my attention to detail and knowledge of the Internal Revenue Code is substantial. In my current practice, I focus on tax and business planning, estate planning, bankruptcy, and property issues in divorce.

I was raised in North Louisiana, but as a graduate of White Oak High School, I have East Texas roots. I graduated from the University of North Texas with a degree in economics, then attended the University of Wyoming for law school. People always ask me, "How did you end up in the North Pole?" Short story really--I worked for a Senate Committee and the Chairman, Mike Enzi was from Wyoming. Meeting him and so many other Wyoming staffers (including my husband) convinced me to enroll at UW. Immediately after graduation, I obtained a Masters in Tax Law from the most prestigious and recognized tax school in the country--the University of Florida. Although I was born into a family of Tigers, I became a Gator!

Practice Areas
  • Tax Law
  • Business Law
  • Bankruptcy
  • Estate Planning
  • Probate
  • Free Consultation
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Call for details
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Eastern District of Texas
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
State Bar of Texas
ID Number: 24078391
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
US Tax Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Adjunct Professor
Tyler Junior College
- Current
- Current
Senior Lecturer/ Professional in residence
Stephen F Austin State University
Adjunct Professor
UT Tyler
Associate Attorney
Gardner Firm PLLC
Tax Senior
PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
Risk Analyst
Bank of America
US Senate Committee on Health Education Labor and Pensions
University of Florida
LL.M. | Taxation
Honors: Book Award in Advanced International Tax
University of Florida Logo
University of Wyoming College of Law
Honors: Book Award in Mining Law and Oil and Gas Law; Scholarship Recipient;
University of Wyoming College of Law Logo
University of North Texas at Dallas College of Law
B.A. | Economics
Honors: Scholarship Recipient
Placeholder image for education.
Leadership Academy graduate
State Bar of Texas Tax Section
Professional Associations
Tax Section State Bar of Texas
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Texas  # 24078391
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Involuntary Conversion of a Principal Residence
The Tax Adviser
Speaking Engagements
Consolidated Returns
Basics of the Foreign Tax Credit
Choice of Entity from a Tax Perspective
Smith County Bar Association
Certified Public Accountant
Texas Board of Accountancy
Legal Answers
5 Questions Answered

Q. Can an LLC's donation of a service be tax deductible?
A: Services are not an eligible deduction for the charitable contribution deduction. You would have to contribute cash or property. If the winning bid is greater than the value of the item bid on, that person may receive a charitable deduction for the extra piece, BUT there are many many hoops for them to jump through. Their CPA would have to answer that question.
Q. Do I qualify for capital gains relief on sale of my rented house?
A: Your CPA is probably correct (at least in part). It depends on how long you used it as a rental property. I published a article in the Tax Adviser on this code section (section 121).
Q. Is there anything that can be done about car dealerships that offer “guaranteed financing” then they do not honor it?
A: The State of Texas is unique in that there is a division of the Attorney General's office that handles consumer protection issues. I would contact them.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
202 W Erwin St
Suite 200
Tyler, TX 75702
Telephone: (903) 871-1714
Monday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed (Today)
Sunday: Closed