Free Consultation: (215) 752-6200Tap to Call This Lawyer
Karen  Ulmer

Karen Ulmer

Karen Ann Ulmer PC
  • Family Law, Divorce, Probate ...
  • New Jersey, Pennsylvania
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Karen Ulmer is a family lawyer serving the needs of clients across Pennsylvania and New Jersey. She has the experience to confront all complex legal issues in the area of divorce, custody and support having served in this field since 1995. In addition to her trial experience, Ms. Ulmer has significant training in mediation and has settled many cases out of court and served as a mediator in custody disputes.

Karen Ulmer is the founding member of Karen Ann Ulmer, P.C., a law firm that provides services in the areas of family law, estates and probate, real estates and mediation. With offices in Montgomery County and Bucks County, the firm is able to provide representation to clients in all areas of Philadelphia and the surrounding suburbs as well as in New Jersey.

Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
  • Free Consultation
    We offer a free 15 minute consultation by phone
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    We accept all major forms of credit cards
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    The firm requires a retainer in advance for services and charges hourly.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Founder, Family Law Attorney
Karen Ann Ulmer PC
- Current
Founder, Partner
Curtis & Ulmer PC
Jennifer Courtney
Georgetown University
LL.M. (1996) | Securities Regulation
Activities: new mother of a newborn
Georgetown University Logo
Widener University Delaware School of Law
J.D. (1995) | Law
Activities: SBA
Widener University Delaware School of Law Logo
Duke University
B.S. (1991) | Psychology
Activities: Alpha Phi Omega Service Fraternity, Kappa Delta
Duke University Logo
Ten Best
American Institute of Family Lawyers
Professional Associations
Montgomery County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
American Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Pennsylvania State Bar  # 77563
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Bucks County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Articles & Publications
Surviving Divorce
Speaking Engagements
Divorce from A to Z, Allentown and Philadelphia
National Business Institute
40 Hour Family Mediation Training Certification
Good Shephard Mediation Center
Legal Answers
13 Questions Answered
Q. In Pennsylvania, can you lock your husband out of the house for a night?
A: Until a court order is entered, the home belongs to both of you. If you lock him out, he is within his legal right to gain access. If you lock him out it may only elevate the mental abuse. If you can stay with a friend or family for a night that may be less confrontational. If he does anything to threaten you physically, you can file a protection from abuse and a court can evict him.
Q. i live in a abusive home. mentally and physically. we’ve went through counseling, therapy. but nothing changes.
A: Please contact Children and Youth services if you are a minor and living in an abusive environment. You may have to go to foster care if you do not have another relative who can take you in, but at least you will be safe immediately. They have the power to get you out immediately. Emancipation, if you are even successful will take time and the courts are not hearing many cases. If we can be of any help, please call us at 215-752-6200.
Q. can i move out of state with my children if there is no custody agreement
A: Even if there is no custody agreement, you still must follow the rules of relocation or you may be faced with a petition to return the children to the state and possibly and interim order giving the other parent custody until a hearing can be held. Unless the other side agrees to the move, you must wait until you have your hearing. That being said, there is nothing illegal per se in moving (meaning it is not criminal unless you fail to provide an address) and if the other side does not care and does not do anything you are not breaking a law by moving but it is best to follow the relocation as you are risking a civil action to return the children and you could lose custody in the interim.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Langhorne Office (Main Office)
174 Middletown Blvd.
Suite 300
Langhorne, PA 19047
Telephone: (215) 752-6200
Doylestown Office
196 West Ashland Street
Doylestown, PA 18901
Telephone: (215) 348-3800
Jenkintown Office
610 Old York Road
Suite 400
Jenkintown, PA 19046
King of Prussia
630 Freedom Business Center
3rd Floor
King of Prussia, PA 19406