Free Consultation: (610) 434-7138Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mark Scoblionko

Mark Scoblionko

Scoblionko, Scoblionko, Muir & Melman
  • Business Law, Insurance Claims, Medical Malpractice...
  • Pennsylvania
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Native of the Lehigh Valley. Has been the President of Scoblionko, Scoblionko, Muir & Melman since 1975. Married to Deena since 1964; two children, three grandchildren. 2012 recipient of the Lifetime Service Award from Jewish Federation of the Lehigh Valley. Certified as "Civil Trial Advocate" by National Board of Trial Advocacy. Focuses on civil personal injury and commercial litigation, business and corporate law, real estate.

Practice Areas
  • Business Law
  • Insurance Claims
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Personal Injury
  • Products Liability
  • Health Care Law
  • Nursing Home Abuse
  • Construction Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Automobile Accidents
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    VISA, MasterCard
  • Contingent Fees
    (For personal injury matters)
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
3rd Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Scoblionko, Scoblionko, Muir & Melman
- Current
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
J.D. | Law
Honors: Graduated with Honors
Activities: Assistant Editor, University of Michigan Law Review; Research Assistant, Constitutional Law
Cornell University
B.A. | English
Lifetime Service Award
Jewish Federation of the Lehigh Valley
Awarded upon retirement from the Board of the Jewish Federation
Professional Associations
Pennsylvania State Bar
Lehigh County Bar Association
American Bar Association
Pennsylvania Association for Justice
American Association for Justice
Jewish Day School of the Lehigh Valley
- Current
Activities: Provide pro bono services, including financing, contracts, general litigation.
Jewish Community Center of Allentown
- Current
Activities: Provide pro bono legal services in a variety of areas, including financing and real estate.
Jewish Day School of Lehigh Valley Supporting foundation/Endowment
- Current
Activities: Provide endowment support for Jewish Day School of the Lehigh Valley
Jewish Federation of the Lehigh Valley
Board Member/Vice President
Activities: Served as Vice President, Campaign Chair, and Co-Chair of Strategic Planning; Performed merger of Federations in Lehigh and Northampton Counties
Articles & Publications
Michigan Law Review
Civil Trial Advocate
National Board of Trial Advocacy
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
368 Questions Answered

Q. I have a considerable amount of trees along my neighbors border. He is ignorant, selfish and abusive. When my trees fall
A: You are obligated to remove everything. If he won’t let you enter his property, you will have to remove the trees by pulling them from your side. Further, if the falling trees cause damage to his property, since you are already on notice, it will likely be your problem.
Q. Who bears responsibility for a drunk partygoer if they should have an accident? Establishment or party host?
A: If a party is held at a licensed establishment and someone is served alcohol “while in a visibly intoxicated condition,” the establishment is potentially liable under Pennsylvania’s “Dram Shop” law.
Q. Landlord wants lease with due dates 2 months in advance--July 1 for Sept., August 1 for October, etc. Is this legal?
A: It sounds like he has payment concerns. If it is mutually agreed to, there is nothing illegal about it.
Q. How do I revoke my revocable PA trust, which contains bank accounts and properties in PA and CA? I am the only settlor
A: If the trust is revocable, you can do a letter to the trustee revoking the trust. If you are the trustee, it would be a letter to yourself, as trustee. The fact that you were the settlor is irrelevant. You would then change the bank accounts and have to have deeds prepared for the properties and recorded. There may be transfer taxes on the real estate conveyances. A lawyer would have to review the trust instrument to determine what happens to all the assets if the trust is revoked. Usually, the trust provides that the assets go back to the settlor, but the trust must be examined. The bank accounts and properties would be conveyed in accordance with the provisions of the trust instrument. You would be best advised to engage a lawyer to do all this.
Q. Mom has debts(she's deceased) but I don't want to sell her land it's the only thing she left me.
A: If the real estate is in just her name, you will have to open an estate, presumably with the help of a lawyer. If there are debts, they will have to be paid before the estate could convey the real estate to you. Additionally, there will be an inheritance tax of 4.5% on the value of the land, and costs and fees associated with the estate, which will have to be paid. If you have no other finances to address these things, the land will, unfortunately, have to be sold to raise the needed cash.
Q. I moved back with my parents 17 years ago can I be forced out by my brothers when both parents gave died?
A: If your father did not have a Will which left the house to you, the house goes into the estate. The house would then be sold and the proceeds divided among you and the other siblings. You have no choice about that. If you hire a lawyer, you might be able to assert a claim against the estate for all the money you paid for taxes, repairs, etc. , as well as for the value of services provided as caregiver. However, it could also be construed that that was rent, and you could then potentially recapture only the money you spent and the value of services provided that was in excess of fair rental value. This would be a difficult and expensive claim to pursue, and you would have to consult with a lawyer to determine if it is even viable.
Q. If I own a parcel of ground with 2 other people can I sign a lease agreement on the ground without one of the parties.
A: Not unless you have a Power of Attorney that authorizes you to sign for the other person.
Q. Hi, actually my parked car got hit and I got the accident report from the officer and it’s shown the person who’s hit my
A: Unfortunately, you are going to be stuck. You can sue the driver who hit you, but it is probable that any lawyer who would take the case will charge you on an hourly basis, which will cost several thousand dollars. Further, if you win against the other driver, if he has no insurance, he is unlikely to have other assets to pay you. This is why you should have collision coverage.
Q. Re. PA real estate, joint tenancy with the right of survivorship, or simply joint tenancy:
A: If the deed does not specify that it is to be a joint tenancy with right of survivorship, the property is owned a a tenancy in common. Under those circumstances, the boyfriend can bequeath his half interest by Will or can convey it during lifetime.
Click here to see all answers
Contact & Map
2030 W. Tilghman St.
Suite 105
Allentown, PA 18104
Telephone: (610) 434-7138
Cell: (610) 657-7138
Fax: (610) 434-6020