Free Consultation: (972) 263-3722Tap to Call This Lawyer
Mark Steven Humphreys

Mark Steven Humphreys

Law Office of Mark S. Humphreys
  • Energy, Oil & Gas Law, Insurance Claims, Personal Injury
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldBlawgsearchSocial MediaResponsive Law

I tell you what you need to hear - not what you want to hear. Law has been a second career for me. I grew up and lived in and worked in the "real world" before becoming an attorney. My parents died when I was seven and grew up with financially poor relatives. My first jobs were in construction and then the trucking industry. I do not take money from people unless I am very comfortable that something good can be done for them. Over 95% of my cases are handled on a contingency fee basis. This means I believe that neither my time and money nor my clients time and money is being wasted when I take on a case.
I've got three wonderful kids that I could spend all day bragging on. One beautiful wife since age 23. Lots of work experience including ditch digging, mowing, construction, teaching, head-hunting, dispatching, production supervising, real estate, etc.
The one thing that sets me apart from other attorneys is this - I shoot straight with people and bring real life to the practice of law. I'll fight fights that others will walk away from yet know when to say no. I'll talk to you, not at you. I'm always available.

Practice Areas
  • Energy, Oil & Gas Law
  • Insurance Claims
  • Personal Injury
Additional Practice Areas
  • Deceptive Trade Practices
  • Insurance Bad Faith
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
  • English
  • Spanish
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
Law Office of Mark S. Humphreys
University of Texas - Arlington
Texas Wesleyan University School of Law - Texas Wesleyan University
Authorization to practice before the federal Courts in the Western District of Texas
Western District of Texas
Membership into the State Bar College
State Bar of Texas
This is for completing substantially more than what the State Bar of Texas requires as a minimum Continuing Education Requirement
Authorization to practice before the federal Courts in the Southern District District of Texas
Southern District of Texas
Authorization to practice before the federal Courts in the Eastern District District of Texas
Eastern District of Texas
Authorization to practice before the federal Courts in the Northern District of Texas
Northern District of Texas
Professional Associations
Texas State Bar # 00789762
Texas Trial Lawyers Association
Texas State Bar Oil & Gas & Energy Law Section
Texas State Bar Insurance Bar Section
Local County and City Bar Associations
State Bar College
Articles & Publications
DFW Insurance Lawyer Blog
Mark S. Humphreys
Speaking Engagements
Legal Consequences, Grand Prairie High School
Senior Class
Insurance license
Texas Department of Insurance
Websites & Blogs
Mark S. Humphreys' Website Profile
Law Office of Mark S. Humphreys Website
Dallas Fort Worth Insurance Lawyer Blog
Legal Answers
7 Questions Answered

Q. My health insurance was canceled because bank didnt make the payment.
A: This does not appear to be insurance bad faith law. You may have a claim against your bank depending on exactly what happened. Many more details are needed.
Q. My daughter and young son were rear-ended last November. The other driver's insur. co.Allstate, still has not paid claim
A: If you submitted a request to them to pay and they have not, then you will need an attorney to get involved. It may be necessary to file a lawsuit. Allstate is one of the more difficult companies to deal with when making a personal injury claim.
Q. In Texas - Does filing suit preserve my claim or must I file and serve?
A: You must file suit within the applicable statute of limitations or your case may be over with. In addition to filing suit, you must use "due diligence" in getting the legal papers served on the defendant. In other words you can not just sit around and be proud that you timely filed the lawsuit.
Q. There was an unmarked spill on the ground at Safeway and I slipped and banged my knee, it still hurts, do I have a case?
A: It depends - As an attorney I would want to know how obvious the spill was to a passerby, plus were there any warning signs, how long the spill had been on the floor, has Safeway had an opportunity to clean the spill before you slipped, how did the spill get on the ground. Depending on the answers to those questions, an attorney should be able to give advice on the merits of the case.
Q. I need $20,000 for personal needs , I have a multi-million dollar lawsuit pending , can my lawyers front me the money ?
A: In Texas, it would be improper for an attorney to front you money for personal needs as the may, depending on the circumstances, violate ethical rules that attorneys have to abide by.
A: The answer is: It depends! Sounds like an answer you would get from an attorney doesn't it. Well, it's the truth. Did you get proper service on the defendant and get proof of service filed with the court? Do you have the proof required to take a default judgment? There are a few other things that may be required, depending on the requirements of the court your case was filed in. You can check with the court coordinator to find out the particular requirements of the court or check their online web site. Bottom line - get an attorney to review what has been done.
Q. How do I go about filing a civil suit against a man that broke my nose and hurt my arm that is still affecting my daily
A: That's easy and don't mean to sound crass, but get a lawyer. If you have a good case, you will be able to get an attorney to help you. If you do not have a good case, most lawyers will take the time to explain to you why they do not believe it is a good case.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Law Office of Mark S. Humphreys
Grand Prairie Location - Main Office
702 Dalworth St
Grand Prairie, TX 75050
Telephone: (972) 263-3722
Law Office of Mark S. Humphreys
Weatherford Location
211 S Rusk St
Weatherford, TX 76086
Telephone: (817) 599-9922