Michael BrandweinGordon Law Group
- Tax Law, Cannabis & Marijuana Law, Entertainment & Sports Law ...
As a senior attorney for Gordon Law Group, Michael Brandwein has years of experience representing clients before the Internal Revenue Service and Illinois Department of Revenue. With his knack for drafting complex financial statements, Michael has helped innumerable clients secure repayment plans and submit favorable settlement offers. His work has saved clients millions of dollars in taxes, interest, and penalties.
Michael also guides individuals and businesses through IRS audits, drafts penalty abatement requests, solves complex tax-related issues, prepares delinquent FBAR submissions, and assists clients with IRS compliance and disclosure filings.
Additionally, Michael has substantial experience establishing new business enterprises on behalf of clients. His guidance and practical approach have allowed his clients to both establish and continue their operations successfully. Likewise, he has negotiated numerous business deals worth millions of dollars to his clients.
Before joining the Gordon Law Group, Michael served as Director of Resolutions for a nationwide tax resolution firm, where he oversaw the Resolutions Department, managed the day-to-day staff activities, and monitored case progress. He was able to maintain a substantial caseload in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, lifting wage garnishments, bank levies, and halting the IRS collection process in its tracks.
Michael completed his undergraduate studies at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana, graduating with Honors from the College of Arts and Sciences with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and as a Dean’s List member. He then completed his Juris Doctor at Loyola University School of Law in Chicago, Illinois, where he was active in the Moot Court program while also volunteering at a local low-income tax clinic.
A born attorney, Michael’s hobbies include writing, reading, and researching new case law.
- Tax Law
- Business Taxes, Income Taxes, International Taxes, Payroll Taxes, Sales Taxes, Tax Appeals, Tax Audits, Tax Planning
- Cannabis & Marijuana Law
- Marijuana Business Formation
- Entertainment & Sports Law
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- English: Spoken, Written
- Corporate Department Manager
- Gordon Law Group
- - Current
- Senior Attorney
- Gordon Law Group
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law
- J.D. (2011) | Law
- Honors: Dean's List
- Activities: Moot Court
- Indiana University - Indiana University-Bloomington
- B.A. (2008) | Political Science
- Honors: Honors Graduate Dean's List
- Activities: Kappa Sigma Fraternity
- Illinois State Bar Association
- State Bar of Illinois  # 6305527
- Gordon Law Group Homepage