Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Check out my background at my website, www.siegelandsiegel.com.
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Foreclosure Defense
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Education Law
- Free Consultation
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- English: Spoken, Written
- Owner and Partner
- Siegel & Siegel, P.C.
- - Current
- McCarter & English LLP
- Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy LLP
- University of Chicago
- J.D. (1990) | Law
- Columbia University
- M.A. (1987) | Political Science
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. (1986) | Political Science and History
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude Martha Barrett Prize for highest GPA in History
- New York State Bar  # 2372258
- - Current
Websites & Blogs
2061 Questions Answered
- Q. Do I need to legally evict my spouse from an inherited property in NY in order to sell the property?
- A: The short answer is yes, anyone needs to be evicted by court order. There is no self help lockouts in residential cases. However, the issue will turn on why your spouse is in the property, and whether your spouse claims ownership in it.
- Q. Does an attorney representing the buyer in a sale of a house in NY State have a duty to ensure that the deed is recorded
- A: No. Recorded yes. By a title company, no.
- Q. Hi I had been for months trying to get someone to change my birth certificate name, someone was about to but.... P
- A: You do not need a lawyer for this, but it is a hard process.
Contact & Map