Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawg SearchResponsive Law
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Foreclosure Defense
Additional Practice Area
- Free Consultation
Credit Cards Accepted
Amex, Visa, Mastercard, Discover
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 11th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- English: Spoken, Written
- Founding Partner
- Van Horn Law Group P.A.
- - Current
- Robert Morris College
- B.S. | Business
- Nova Southeastern University
- J.D. | Law
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Board Member/Big Brother
- - Current
- Activities: Volunteering, fundraising, sponsoring and mentoring for Big Brothers Big Sisters. Also honored as Florida's 2017 Big Brother of the Year. https://www.vanhornlawgroup.com/about/in-the-news
Articles & Publications
- The College Cash Conundrum
- Fort Lauderdale Magazine
- The New Bankruptcy Forms Petition, Schedules and SOFAs, Palm Beach County Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Course, Palm Beach, Florida
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Bankruptcy Attorney Chad Van Horn recently took part as an instructor for a Palm Beach County Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Course. The topic: “The New Bankruptcy Forms Petition, Schedules and SOFAs.” Van Horn focused on pre-filing review issues and the intake process. Attorneys and paralegals attended the class and received Continuing Legal Education credit for the course.
- AV Rated
- Martindale Hubbell
10 Questions Answered
- Q. In filing chapter 7, with a secure debt of jewelry how do you approach it if the jewelry is no longer available?
- A: List the debt on schedule F and put in the description that the jewelry was lost. A debt cannot be secured by assets of the debtor if the debtor no longer has the collateral. It shouldn't be an issue as long as you tell the truth.
- Q. If I am in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy, filed in April of 2016, will I be able to keep my Covid-19 stimulus check?
- A: Yes. The Chapter 13 Trustees are not looking to intercept this money. Good luck!
- Q. Hello, 4 years into chapter 13 plan have relocated to new state unable to make remaining payments income loss health
- A: I would speak to your bankruptcy attorney about applying for what's card a hardship discharge in the Chapter 13 to avoid having to convert to Chapter 7.
Contact & Map