Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Domestic Violence
- White Collar Crime
I offer a free consultation to every client who calls me. I will meet with you in person and give you my insight into your case. I will not charge you even if you never hire me.
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I determine the rates and retainer that I will charged based on the complexity of the case and my client's goals. My client and I determine what strategies we will be pursuing and come to an agreement about appropriate costs. I am willing to work out payment plans with my clients so that the cost is spread out over time.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Spanish: Spoken
- The Locke Law Group
- - Current
- Representing clients throughout South Central Texas. Trying and negotiating cases in multiple counties in State and Federal court.
- Sifuentes & Locke
- Tried misdemeanor, felony cases including murder and aggravated assault and vehicular offenses in multiple counties.
- Assistant District Attorney
- Bexar County District Attorney
- Prosecuted misdemeanor DWIs and was promoted to the White Collar Crime Unit.
- Assistant County Attorney
- Pima County Attorney's Office
- Prosecuted misdemeanor DWI's, Felony Vehicular Offenses and ended his time as a Gang Prosecutor. Tried two first degree murder cases in 2005.
- University Of Arizona
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- - Current
- San Antonio Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- - Current
- Texas State Bar  # 24048623
- - Current
- Board Certified in Criminal Law
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Websites & Blogs
24 Questions Answered
- Q. Can he still get in trouble even though she's over 21 now.
- A: This is a tough question. However, there is sufficient reason to be concerned. In Texas, you cannot touch the genitalia of a person under the age of 17 with the intent to arouse or gratify anyone's sexual interest. This is true even if the person consented. Still, there may be obstacles to prosecuting such a case and a prosecutor's office may be reluctant to move forward with such an allegation. Your friend needs to be very very careful who he talks to, as anything he tells to anyone (except his lawyer) can be used against him. He needs to contact an aggressive knowledgeable attorney ASAP so a plan can be made to avoid the filing of criminal charges.
- Q. Is it constitutional that Miranda Rights are not read during arrests anymore, but only in pc court in some jurisdiction?
- A: Miranda rights are required to be read before a police officer conducts an in-custody interrogation. If the police officer asks questions that are meant to incriminate you and does not read you your Miranda rights then the State will not be able to use those answers against you in court. However, whether or not you are in-custody is a legal determination made by the totality of the circumstances. Usually, police officers will claim that they are merely detaining you while they are investigating you. This is why it is best not to answer any police officer questions. Even if they do not read you your Miranda rights the State will still try to use your answer against you. So, the best course of action is not to answer a police officer's questions. The next best course of action is to hire an attorney who knows how to get statements suppressed and how to use your Constitutional rights to your advantage. Good Luck and hire an aggressive attorney.
- Q. My Son is 14 years old and was caught video taping his 12 year old Girl Cousin in the bathroom with a phone.
- A: This is very serious and you need to contact a local attorney immediately. However, this is not likely a civil matter. If the authorities get a hold of the video there are a number of crimes that can be charged. If the video portrays any genitalia the video is child pornography. Any adult who possesses the video is committing a felony and will have to register as a sex offender if they do not go to prison. Call an attorney familiar with these cases immediately so they can ask questions and give specific advice abouf this situation.
Contact & Map