Omar Khan

Omar Khan

Khan Nayyar & Associates, LLC - Call (630)-LAWYERS
  • Immigration Law, Criminal Law, DUI & DWI...
  • Illinois
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Attorney Omar F. Khan received his Juris Doctorate from The Ohio State University – Moritz College of Law and is admitted to practice in Illinois and in front of the Executive Office for Immigration Review. Mr. Khan's practice of law is focused on immigration law and criminal matters which create immigration issues.

Before founding Khan Nayyar & Associates, Mr. Khan was an Assistant State's Attorney working for the Winnebago County State's Attorney Office. Prior to that, Mr. Khan was a law clerk for Judge J. Edward Prochaska in the 17th Judicial Circuit Court of Illinois.

With experience in both criminal and civil litigation, Mr. Khan has handled intricate and delicate matters. As a law clerk, Mr. Khan drafted numerous published opinions. He has the ability to speak the language of the judiciary, understanding the legal process from start to end. As a prosecutor, he represented the People of the State of Illinois in numerous hearings and trials.

Mr. Khan's experience as a litigator uniquely qualifies him to anticipate potentially troublesome situations that can arise in immigration and criminal proceedings. He is dedicated, motivated, and experienced to handle the case properly.

Mr. Khan graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Dayton, with a Bachelors in Economics, while working two jobs to pay his way through college. The foundation of his determination stems from his parents, both immigrants, who worked tirelessly to support him and his two sisters. Mr. Khan, as an immigrant himself, can empathize with the struggle, confusion, heartache, and time associated with the immigration process.

In his spare time, Mr. Khan enjoys "low and slow" charcoal grilling, spending time with his family and friends, and playing with his dog, Lulu.

Practice Areas
  • Immigration Law
  • Criminal Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Domestic Violence
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Personal Injury
  • Employment Law
Additional Practice Area
  • Sexual Harassment
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Hindi: Spoken
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
  • Urdu: Spoken
Professional Experience
Khan Nayyar & Associates, LLC
- Current
Khan Nayyar & Associates, LLC is a boutique Law Firm concentrating in the areas Immigration, Sexual Harassment, and Criminal matters.
Assistant State’s Attorney
Winnebago County State's Attorney’s Office
Law Clerk to the Hon. J. Edward Prochaska
17th Judicial Circuit
The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
J.D. | Law
Activities: Phi Alpha Delta
University of Dayton
B.A. | Economics
Honors: Magna Cum Laude, Dean's List, National Honor Society
Dean's List
University of Dayton
Magna Cum Laude
University of Dayton
Dean's List
University of Dayton
Dean's List
University of Dayton
Professional Associations
Illinois State Bar Association
- Current
American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Current
Illinois Prosecutors Bar Association
Winnebago County Bar Association
Winnebago County Bar Association - Young Lawyers
17th Judicial Circuit Mentoring Program
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
21 Questions Answered

Q. My boyfriend got charged with a DUI and they let him keep his DL and he didn't need to pay to get out of jail?
A: I'm not sure what happened. Yes they usually arrest you. You should hire a local criminal defense attorney to get ahead of the DUI allegation.
Q. two tickets on for inproper driving on shoulder and the other for no signal light is there any chance in fighting
A: Generally hard to fight an officer's testimony. You might get lucky, and the officer might now show up. At which point, it could be dismissed.
Q. My brother in law got a ticket going 29 miles over. His ticket says he has to appear. He lives in Panama. Options?
A: He must appear otherwise a bench warrant may be issued against him. The judge could also impose fines and costs ex parte. But more likely it will be a bench warrant and ex parte finding of guilt.
Q. The police officer put the wrong year of the car that hit my car on the report and put a different year on the ticket he
A: No. It will generally be admitted on the stand as a scrivener's error.
Q. Me and my boyfriend want to get married but don't know if it's more convenient to do it in Chicago or in Mexico?
A: That is a loaded question. Where married is a matter of convenience and a personal preference, not necessarily one of immigration. If you were married, you could choose to go with the IR/CR (I-130) visa route and file a 601A waiver, under the assumption that he is not here legally. But without a considerable amount of further information, it is impossible to answer the question. I suggest consulting with a local immigration attorney to figure out the best course of action.
Q. I'm applying for the citizenship. When I receive it, does my 4 year old son, a permanent resident, become a US citizen?
A: Short answer is likely yes.
Q. My mother filed an Emergency Order of Protection against my brother. His court date is coming up. Does he need a lawyer?
A: This is a general question. You might be okay, you might not. It depends on whether your brother has been served and violated the OoP. It depends on what the OoP is for? Is it something stemming from a domestic violence incident, etc? In order to accurately answer the question, more information is necessary. Consult with a local criminal defense attorney. It might be as simple as one court appearance or it may be much more complicated than that.
Q. Co-worker forged my name on paperwork for our organization. Can I pursue criminal charges?
A: This is a very generic question. The short answer is, likely yes, but the charge will differ depending on what she forged your name for. The State's Attorney's Office in any given county is the one you charges people.
Q. How could a search warrant be granted to search and raid a home due to drug paraphernalia being found in one's trash?
A: Lots of ways to get a search warrant. Although, I can't discuss the entire intricacy of how cops/prosecutors obtain a search warrant, I can tell you that a local criminal defense attorney may be able to help you either quash or suppress the evidence from the warrant. No evidence means no case. Contact a local criminal defense attorney.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Khan Nayyar & Associates, LLC
One Lincoln Centre
18W140 Butterfield Road, Floor 15
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181
Telephone: (630) 529-9377