Free Consultation: (713) 932-0777Tap to Call This Lawyer
Paul Hilmon Cannon

Paul Hilmon Cannon

Simmons and Fletcher, P.C.
  • Personal Injury, Products Liability, Insurance Claims
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawgsearchSocial Media

I am Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization since 2005. Licensed in Texas since 1995. I graduated form South Texas College of Law in 1995. I started with Simmons and Fletcher, P.C. as a law clerk in 1994 and continued as an attorney after graduation. I am now a Shareholder in the firm. I am also responsible for managing the firms online presence and marketing.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Products Liability
  • Insurance Claims
Additional Practice Areas
  • Slip and Fall Accidents
  • Dog Bites & Attacks
  • Car Accidents
  • 18 Wheeler Accidents
  • Work Injury - non comp
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • German: Spoken
Professional Experience
Trial Attorney
Simmons & Fletcher, P.C.
- Current
South Texas College Of Law
Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
University of Texas - Austin
B.A. / Philosophy (1992)
Texas Super Lawyer
Texas Super Lawyer Magazine by Texas Monthly
Top Lawyer
Houstonia Magazine
Top Lawyer
Houstonia Magazine
Top Lawyer
Houstonia Magazine
Top Lawyer
H Texas Magazine
Professional Associations
Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Current
Texas State Bar # 00793457
- Current
South Texas College of Law Alumni Association
- Current
Christian Trial Lawyers Association
•Texas Trial Lawyers Association
American Bar Association
Speaking Engagements
Dog Bite Victim Representation, Strafford Webinars, Online
Strafford Webinars
Can be purchased and viewed here:
Dog Bite Cases: Strategies for Plaintiff’s Litigation, My Law CLE, Orlando, Florida
Personal Injury Trial Law
Texas State Bar
Legal Answers
1 Questions Answered

Q. Is it reasonable (legally speaking) to ask the person driving the motorcycle to pay half of my sister’s medical bills?
A: That's a difficult case. I would presume the car that caused the braking is long gone. If you have that car's info, she may be able to make a claim against that car. If the motorcycle operator was negligent, she could file a liability claim against his insurance. If the other car was the negligent one and you do not have their information, you will not be able to make an uninsured motorist claim due to the "no contact" rule. You should check both the motorcycle policy and any other auto policy that your sister is a named insured under for PIP coverage. This will provide some coverage (but usually only 2500 or 5000) for medical expenses.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Simmons and Fletcher
9821 Katy Freeway, Suite 925
Houston, TX 77024
Telephone: (713) 932-0777
Fax: (713) 935-1410