Free Consultation: (309) 797-8000Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ray Choudhry

Ray Choudhry

Mid America Law Offices, Ltd.
  • Probate, Divorce, Family Law...
  • Illinois
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Ray recieved his J.D. at Northwestern University in 1974 and M.B.A. at Northwestern University in 1972 with a B.A. at California State, L.A. in 1968. He is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and Rock Island County Bar Association.

Public Administrator of Rock Island County

Public Guardian of Rock Island County

HUD Foreclosure Commissioner

Practice Areas
  • Probate
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Estate Planning
  • Bankruptcy
  • Social Security Disability
  • Real Estate Law
  • Traffic Tickets
  • Criminal Law
  • Elder Law
  • DUI & DWI
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Managing Attorney
Mid America Law Offices, Ltd.
- Current
General Counsel
Rock Island County Board Republican Minority Caucus
- Current
General Counsel
Rock Island County Republican Central Committee
- Current
Foreclosure Commissioner
- Current
Rock Island County Public Administrator
Rock Island County, Illinois
Rock Island County Public Guardian
Rock Island County, Illinois
Northwestern University School of Law
Northwestern University
California State University - Los Angeles
Professional Associations
Illinois State Bar Association
- Current
Rock Island County Bar Association
- Current
Illinois State Bar Association
Member, Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee
American Legal Clinic Associaition
Activities: This Association was the genesis for the many changes that have occurred in the way law is practiced. It existed between 1976-1988. The first President was Van O'Steen of Bates & O'Steen v. State Bar of Arizona. This case held that business speech was protected and bar associations could not prevent lawyer advertising.
9.2 Superb
AVVO Rating
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
875 Questions Answered

Q. How to get out of supervised visits when the GAL is biased and can be proven we keep getting moved around to different
A: If a person does not follow a court order, the procedure is to file a contempt case against him or her.
Q. I want to get an amendment to my separation agreement/divorce decree.
A: The case stays in North Carolina until the judgment is registered in some other state.
Q. I am living at my grandams my cousin also lives there .....we got into an argument and i left for the weekend and came
A: You can sue her for damage to your property. You could try to get an order of protection against her. Grandma can go to court to evict her. All of this involves going to court.
Q. I've paid child support for years but haven't seen son in 6 years. Can I have child support stopped
A: Child Support and Parenting Plans are two different things. If you want to see the child, you should request it by filing the proper forms.
Q. My step children were taken away from their mother by DCFS. The mother has not stopped the child support what do we do?
A: You need to go to court to get a revised parenting plan and ask that child support stop. You might even be entitled to collect child support from her.
Q. If I'm paying child support, am I on the birth certificate?
A: Looks like your name was not on the birth certificate. Otherwise a DNA test would not have been needed. What you need is a parenting plan giving you parenting rights. The fourth form on this web page is the recommended form in Illinois:
Q. I receive a workers comp settlement 15 yrs ago while I was paying child support to x wife never told her and court
A: Were you required to report it? Double check your court orders. If you were and you short changed her, you could have to repay with interest and possibly face contempt of court charges.
Q. My employer has been taking child suport out of my check but not paying it in
A: This is something the payee's attorney is supposed to take care. There are penalties for employers for not forwarding the withheld child support in a timely manner.
Q. Do I have the right to receive stock my mother had as stock and not cash?
A: This estate is in probate. It is either supervised or independent administration. With independent administration she can do lots of things without reporting to the court. Also, if there is a will, she has to do what the will says. You need to contact the court and get copies of all the filings so you can see what is being done. She has to do an inventory and accounting. You have a right to question it by filing an objection and having a court hearing on it.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Mid America Law Offices, Ltd.
1515 5th Ave #430
Moline, IL 61265
Telephone: (309) 797-8000