Richard D. WeaverThe Weaver Law Firm
- Real Estate Law, Business Law, Construction Law ...
Board Certified attorney, certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Mr. Weaver has a focus on real estate law and complex business litigation, holding two board certifications: commercial real estate and residential real estate He has been engaged as an expert by the Office of the Attorney General of Texas. Businesses and families rely on him. Other Texas attorneys choose Mr. Weaver as their lawyer. He also built a real estate law firm where builders, developers, buyers, and sellers of real estate go when issues arise related to encroachment issues, easements, lien filing, lien removal, title disputes, and construction defects.
Title companies like Fidelity National Title and Stewart Title continue to engage him to prepare documents for closing including documents to clear title. He represents clients in alleged deed restriction violation matters and cases involving Property Owner's Associations. He enjoys assisting clients in redeeming real property after tax and HOA foreclosures.
Not only has Mr. Weaver been successful in representing people and businesses in real estate related cases, Mr. Weaver has experience in matters associated with the misappropriation, misuse and improper utilization of intellectual property / copyrighted property. Weaver has also represented large corporations in products litigation and injured plaintiffs in the prosecution of over 40 pharmaceutical products liability cases. As part of his litigation practice, he has represented both defendants and plaintiffs in wrongful death cases.
Mr. Weaver was born in San Antonio, Texas and obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree in English/Professional Writing from Baylor University. He then attended South Texas College of Law and received his Juris Doctorate.
Richard Weaver has consecutively been recognized by Super Lawyers and named a "Texas Rising Star" by Texas Monthly, a distinction that is afforded to no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state of Texas.
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Construction Law
- Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Foreclosure Defense
- Insurance Claims
- Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Trademark Litigation, Trademark Registration
- The Weaver Law Firm
- Baylor University
- South Texas College Of Law
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Top Lawyers
- Houstonia Magazine
- 2016 - 2014
- Rising Star
- Super Lawyers
- Texas State Bar  # 24047083
- - Current
- Car accident preparation in Texas can reduce risk of legal issues
- US Politics Today
- Investor Planning after HOA foreclosure, The Seminar Solution
- Residential Real Estate Law
- Texas Board Of Legal Specialization
- Houston Legal Blog
- The most expensive risks when offering seller financing
February 26, 2023
- How do you interpret deed restrictions?
February 12, 2023
- What are your rights under the Merger Doctrine?
December 13, 2022