Free Consultation: (800) 583-8002Tap to Call This Lawyer
Robert D. Kreisman
  • Medical Malpractice, Nursing Home Abuse, Elder Law...
  • Illinois, Missouri
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AGoldBlawgsearchSocial Media

Kreisman Law Offices is a Chicago-based personal injury firm that successfully uses a client-based approach to seek justice for victims nationwide. Robert Kreisman is an AV-rated attorney with over 37 years of experience litigating a variety of personal injury cases, including those involving medical malpractice, car accidents, wrongful death, and products liability. He works with some of the leading experts in the nation and employs the newest technology to seek the most favorable results possible for his clients. All cases are taken on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay nothing unless there is a recovery on your case. Please call the Kreisman Law Offices today to pursue the justice you deserve.

Practice Areas
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Nursing Home Abuse
  • Elder Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Products Liability
  • Workers' Compensation
  • Business Law
Additional Practice Areas
  • Birth Injury
  • Anesthesiology Errors
  • Brain Injury
  • Car Accidents
  • Pharmaceutical Litgation / Prescription Drug Side Effects
  • Product Defects
  • Truck Accidents
  • Wrongful Death
  • Free Consultation
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
7th Circuit
Federal Circuit
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Kreisman Law Offices Medical Malpractice Lawyers
DePaul College of Law
LL.M. (1981)
The John Marshall Law School
J.D. (1976)
Honors: with Honors
University of Missouri - Columbia
President's Club
American Association for Justice
American Association for Justice
Peer Rating AV (Highest Rating)
Martindale-Hubbard Law Directory
Professional Associations
American College of Legal Medicine
- Current
Decalogue Society of Lawyers
- Current
Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- Current
Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Current
American Association for Justice
- Current
Illinois State Bar
- Current
Missouri State Bar
- Current
American Bar Association
- Current
Chicago Bar Association
- Current
Bar Association of Metropolitain St. Louis
- Current
Speaking Engagements
Successfully Handling Medical Negligence Cases, AAJ Annual Convention, Los Angeles, CA
American Association for Justice
Moderator for Professional Negligence Section seminar
Mediation Skills
Northwestern University
American Association for Justice
Websites & Blogs
Kreisman Law Offices Website
Robert D. Kreisman's Website Profile
Chicago Injury Lawyer Blog
Chicago Personal Injury Lawyer Blawg
Chicago Medical Malpractice Attorney Blog
Chicago Nursing Home Lawyers Blog
Chicago Birth Injury Lawyers Blog
Legal Answers
283 Questions Answered

Q. My husband owns the car . I was driving it and had a car accident. The insurance has both names on it...who will be sued
A: In most cases as the one you described, the owner and the driver could be sued.
Q. So I have no small claims case now?
A: Assuming you didn't already make a claim for the property damage with your own insurer, you are not prohibited from filing your own case for the damages. First, make sure your carrier is not already pursuing this claim.
Q. I went to the e.r. with symptoms of a mild stroke. The e.r. dr said I didnt have a stroke. Can I sue?
A: Depending on the timing it certainly sounds like something that a lawyer would want to investigate. I'm sorry this happened to you. What are you current complaints and/or current condition?
Q. Do you think I have a good chance of winning a lawsuit for medical malpractice and pain and suffering?
A: The case of medical malpractice is about the negligence which includes damages. Most of these cases are enormously expenses to prosecute. It seems from your description of your possible case that you have made a decent recovery. In my opinion, this would not be a case we would take on. Please don't be discouraged. Perhaps you will find another attorney in your area with a different view. Much depends on how you end up after the ordeal you went through.
Q. Any way to keep my nephew from benefitting from my sister's death?
A: I'm not familiar with North Carolina's law on wrongful death claims. In many jurisdictions there are wrongful death acts that give weight to the relationship that a "next-of-kin" has with the decedent. In other words a court and/or jury would consider what if any relationship each person who is considered a "next-of-kin" claiming the loss of the death had with the decedent. If your sister survived this incident for any length of time before her passing then a survival claim could be made. In that scenario your nephew would be an heir to his mother's estate and would receive a percentage of any recovery that resulted from the survivorship claim. If your sister's death was immediate, then there would not be a viable survivorship claim to be made. I would encourage you to speak to a local lawyer who practices in the area of injury and wrongful death cases.
Q. Can a general practitioner reject his existing Madicare patient if he stops working with Medicare insurance?
A: Yes.
Q. Do people usually use the same lawyers for their appeals or is it better to hire someone else who specializes in it?
A: I would suggest that it is generally better to hire an attorney who specializes in appellate work. There are just too many possible technical requirements in appellate work that if not met could foil your case .
Q. Can a relative be given Power of Attorney, to help another relative in a different state.
A: The first issue is whether the injured party is of sound mind and memory and/or has the capacity to sign a POA. If the injured person hires an attorney, then that attorney would be empowered by the attorney-client contract in most instances to handle most of the issues you raise excepting the decisions on health care. I believe that a POA for health care signed in another state or jurisdiction would likely be honored in another state. By all means check with an attorney in your area who would be familiar with the state laws regarding POAs.
Q. Someone hit my car in a parking lot. I have provided him with two written estimates and now he refuses to respond.
A: Assuming you reported this to the local police and your insurance company, if your collision insurance does not cover this incident for some reason, you can file a property damage claim. You would need to either repair the damage and have a paid bill or have an estimate of the cost of the repair.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Kreisman Law Offices Medical Malpractice Lawyers
55 W Monroe St
Chicago, IL 60603
Toll-Free: (800) 583-8002
Telephone: (312) 346-0045
Fax: (866) 618-4198