Russell Goldsmith EsqLaw Offices of Russell J. Goldsmith
- Social Security Disability, Personal Injury, Gov & Administrative Law ...
- Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire
Attorney Goldsmith pursued a liberal arts education at Haverford College where he graduated with a degree in Philosophy in 1987, following those studies with the immediate pursuit of a law degree. While at the University of Maine School of Law, Attorney Goldsmith was the only student in his class selected as a member of both the law school’s Law Review and Moot Court Competition Board, and did publish during his senior year an article entitled Contracting out of Maine’s Employment-At-Will Doctrine, 42 Maine Law Review 553 (July 1990). While in law school, he likewise interned at well-respected law firms in both Manchester, New Hampshire and Portland, Maine where he uncovered his career passion for pursuing the rights of the disabled: during his senior year in law school, he continued to work 30 hours per week for a Portland, Maine disability law firm where he served as their only law clerk, undertaking research and advising the law firms’ 10 lawyers on difficult legal issues facing the firm, all while maintaining high marks and participating in both Moot Court and Law Review). Following admission to the Maine State Bar in 1990 and shortly thereafter Massachusetts in early 1991, Attorney Goldsmith continued his employment with the same disability law firm out of Portland, Maine as a lawyer handling primarily workers’ compensation and personal injury claims before starting his own law firm during the summer of 1991. Attorney Goldsmith has received numerous awards for his charitable work, including from such notables as Governor John McKernan and Edmund Muskie, for his pro bono publico service to the indigent. Attorney Goldsmith has continued his fight only for the “little guy” since becoming a lawyer in 1990 and enjoys working tirelessly to pursue the rights of the injured and disabled. He regularly appears before judges throughout Maine, Massachusetts and New Hampshire (where he was likewise admitted in 2003).
- Social Security Disability
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Administrative Law, Election Law, Government Contracts, Government Finance, Legislative & Government Affairs
- DUI & DWI
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Public Benefits
- Car Accidents
We obtain a detailed background as to what occurred and likewise ensure that both sides understand what is being sought for representation and what the terms of representation include.
For Personal Injury claims, the firm works on a 1/3 contingent fee basis and in Social Security disability claims we work on a 25% contingent fee basis (unless the case proceeeds to Federal District Court) as per the Social Security rules.
- New Hampshire
- Law Offices of Russell J. Goldsmith
- - Current
- University of Maine - School of Law
- J.D. (1990)
- Haverford College in Pennsylvania
- B.A. (1987) | Philosophy
- Maine State Bar  # 007066
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants Representatives
- Russell J. Goldsmith's Website Profile
- Law Offices of Russell J. Goldsmith Website
- Social Security Disability Lawyer Blog