Profile Image Placeholder

Sandra M. Colatosti

30 years experience
  • Appeals & Appellate, Family Law, Criminal Law
  • New York
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
    Appeals & Appellate
    Civil Appeals
    Family Law
    Child Custody, Paternity, Restraining Orders
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New York
New York State Office of Court Administration
ID Number: 2448280
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Albany Law School
J.D. (1991)
Activities: Law Review
Albany Law School Logo
State University of New York - Albany
B.A. (1987) | English/Business
Honors: Summa Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa
State University of New York - Albany Logo
Professional Associations
New York State Bar  # 2448280
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Legal Answers
75 Questions Answered
Q. I have temporary custody of my 21-month-old son. His mother is allowed visitation that is supervised by a CPS twice week
A: If the child was placed with you under neglect proceedings against the mother, the court will decide if you should be placed with you permanently during the dispositional phase. You also could file a custody petition.
Q. In New York, how often and under what circumstances can you modify a child support order?
A: A child support order can modified upon a showing of a change in circumstances warranting the modification.
Q. What can I do to keep my grandson?
A: You will need to file a custody petition in the family court in the county in which you live. Because you are a non-parent you will need to show extraordinary circumstances. The fact that your grandson has lived with you may constitute extraordinary circumstances.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
ALBANY, NY 12208
Telephone: (518) 522-5437
Monday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 6 PM (Today)
Friday: 9 AM - 6 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed