Free Consultation: (973) 337-9643Tap to Call This Lawyer
Santo Artusa Jr.

Santo Artusa Jr.

Finding effective solutions to legal issues in New Jersey
  • Divorce, Family Law, Domestic Violence...
  • New Jersey
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I have been living in Jersey City for approximately 10 years and have been practicing law in Jersey City and throughout New Jersey for numerous years. Our main practice areas include: family law, divorce, child custody, and domestic violence disputes and crimes associated with these disputes. Prior to opening up my law practice I worked in various business and finance roles in Manhattan.

Practice Areas
  • Divorce
  • Family Law
  • Domestic Violence
  • Traffic Tickets
  • DUI & DWI
  • Criminal Law
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Immigration Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Juvenile Law
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    On personal injury cases.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Jersey
  • Italian: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken
Professional Experience
Lead Attorney
Artusa Law Firm
- Current
Law Clerk/Intern
New Jersey Federal District Court
Worked on federal cases for the Hon. Judge Dickinson Debevoise, S.D.J.N.J.
Rutgers School of Law-Newark
Rising Star
Super Lawyers
Superb Rating
Rated 10/10 on
Client Distinction Award
Martindale Hubbell
Award for providing excellent customer service to clients.
Professional Associations
March of Dimes
- Current
Jersey City Soccer Association
- Current
Hudson County Bar Association
- Current
American Red Cross
American Bar Association
Chairperson Young Lawyers Division Practice Management
Articles & Publications
How are Assets Divided Under Equitable Distribution in New Jersey?
Santo Artusa, Jr
Differences between Shared and Joint Custody in New Jersey
Divorce Magazine
How Fast Can I Obtain A Divorce in New Jersey?
Santo Artusa, Jr., Esquire
American Civic Association
Websites & Blogs
Artusa Law Firm of Jersey City, New Jersey
Legal Answers
31 Questions Answered

Q. I want to file for divorce my spouse will not leave so I have to, am I responsible for taxes and insurance on our prope
A: You have many options but I would not leave the house unless you are scared of your spouse etc. You can file for divorce in New Jersey and seek his contribution for the house and/or alimony. You have options.
Q. Question about false restraining order from a girl I have known for only 2 weeks
A: You need to hire an attorney and defend this case. An FRO is serious in many ways. You need to show that you have no intent of communicating with her ever again and show the surrounding circumstances so the Judge can understand what is going on.
Q. I live in a house an rent a room with my son an husband, his dad is saying to get out everytime he gets mad or drunk,
A: You would need to speak to an attorney about this and give better details so we can assess what is going on.
Q. I'm in probation can I press charges to somebody that hurt me
A: I would need more information but in short, if you are ever a victim, you can always press charges for what has been done to you.
Q. What statue would I use if I wish to file a criminal complaint against someone for calling NJ DCPP out of malice?
A: It would be very difficult to prove actual malice on a DCPP call out of "concern"
Q. My daughters fathers license has been suspended for 3 1/2 years now.. What would cause this lengthy suspension? Thanks!
A: A second DUI possibly with enhanced penalties, non-payment of child support are just two examples. Not paying a surcharge is another
Q. My license plate is flagged due to passing a cop coming the other way on back roads at a elevated speed. Whatshouldido?
A: You would need to provide more information for an attorney to help you.
Q. Is it possible to set a dui reduced to a wet reckless in New Jersey?
A: It has been done under very rare circumstances but I would not count on it. Speak with an attorney ASAP
Q. Marriage was in Mexico want a quick divorce .
A: you should be able to as long as you satisfy the requirements of your state
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Main Office
Artusa Law Firm of Jersey City, NJ
26 Journal Square
Suite 606-6th Floor
Jersey City, NJ 07306
Toll-Free: (973) 337-9643
Telephone: (973) 337-9643
Fax: (866) 496-5029
By Appointment Only
30 Main Street, Suite 300
Artusa Law Firm-Bergen County Divorce Lawyers
Hackensack, NJ 07601
Telephone: (973) 337-9643
Essex Office
51 John F. Kennedy Pkwy
Essex County Divorce and Family Law Attorneys
Short Hills, NJ 07078
Telephone: (973) 339-9643
Hudson Office
253 Academy Street
Jersey City Divorce and Family Law Attorneys
Jersey City, NJ 07306
Telephone: (973) 337-9643
Union Office
522 East Broad Street
Westfield, NJ 07090
Telephone: (201) 706-7910
50 new street
New Brunswick , NJ 08901
Telephone: (201) 706-7910