Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawg Search
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Products Liability
- Drugs & Medical Devices, Motor Vehicle Defects, Toxic Torts
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth Injury, Medical Misdiagnosis, Pharmacy Errors, Surgical Errors
Additional Practice Areas
Schedule a free initial consultation and case evaluation with attorney Sean M. Cleary directly.
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 11th Circuit
- Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Director, Founder
- The Law Offices of Sean M. Cleary
- - Current
- Colson, Hicks & Eidson
- Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- University of Miami School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Honors: "Cum Laude" graduate
- Activities: Active member and Officer of the Moot Court Board; Writer for the Business Law Journal; Member of Phi Delta Phi Honor Society.
- University of Notre Dame
- B.S. | Biology
- Honors: Dean's List
- Activities: Pre-Professional Studies Major
- Legal Elite
- US Business News
- Recognized for work in Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Top Young Attorney in Florida
- The Wall Street Journal
- Florida Super Lawyer
- Super Lawyers Magazine
- 2010, 2011
- Florida Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Super Lawyers
- 2010, 2011
- Legal Elite Attorney
- Florida Trend
- Dade County Juvenile Guardian Ad Litem Program
- Trial and appellate advocate
- Boys & Girls Club of Miami, Inc.
- Volunteer on the Executive Committee
- American Association for Justice
- Miami Dade Justice Association
- Member, former Director
- Dade County Bar Association
- Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Florida State Bar  # 146341
- - Current
- Miami-Dade Justice Association
- Member of the Board of Directors
- Activities: Mr. Cleary strongly supported and actively participated in MDJA's public service events during his time as a director of the Organization.
Articles & Publications
- Conference Co-Chair, Southern District of Florida Biennial Bench and Bar Conference., Miami, Florida
- Auto Insurance Policies Essential for Florida Drivers, Florida Justice Association, Annual Convention, Florida
- Florida Justice Association
- Board Certification
- The Florida Bar
Websites & Blogs
- The Law Offices Of Sean M. Cleary
- The Law Offices Of Sean M. Cleary - Blog
24 Questions Answered
- Q. Is the homeowner responsible for his daughters dog injuring me in Florida?
- A: Usually, the dog's owner is legally responsible for the damage or injury the dog causes. But the homeowner may also be liable if he or she was taking care of and had control over the dog or the dog's owner is less than 18 years old.
- Q. I was hit but someone on a bicycle and they were deemed at fault are they required to pay for my damages?
- A: Yes, you on your right to pursue compensation. Severe injuries from such a collision can mean lengthy hospital stays, time in physical rehabilitation facilities, ongoing treatment plans, physical therapy and other expensive medical interventions and you can pursue any monetary damages you might be due for your suffering.
- Q. Once lawyer has your settlement check, they should be able to let you know when you will get your check?
- A: In theory, your attorney is supposed to distribute the settlement to you, any lien holders, and him or herself only when the check has cleared. It's hard to imagine waiting more than a week or two at the most for a settlement check to clear. In addition to the problem of the check clearing there can be a much longer wait for a problem with liens. Suppose some of the medical bills were paid by Medicare or hospitals may also have liens on a case, it can take many months to get a response from them.
Contact & Map