Free Consultation: (888) 884-8686Tap to Call This Lawyer
Stanley H Block

Stanley H Block

Your Trusted Source for Tax Problem Resolution
  • Tax Law, Personal Injury, Appeals & Appellate
  • Maryland
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I am law professional working in IRS representation and tax problem resolution. My firm has over 100 years of combined experience in dealing with the IRS and their collection process. Your tax situation will be thoroughly analyzed by our team that includes a tax attorney and tax professionals, and together we will decide the best course of action to help solve your IRS problems - FOR GOOD!

Practice Areas
  • Tax Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Free Consultation
    Free Consultation if $10k or more is owed to IRS or Maryland.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    all major credit cards accepted.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Federal Circuit
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
SH Block Tax Services Inc
- Current
University of Baltimore School of Law
Law (1961)
Honors: Top 10% of class
Activities: Title abstraction for the Maryland Title Company, Claims adjustor for the Maryland Casualty Insurance, President of the Twin District Democratic Club, and Secretary of Law Fraternity.
Top Practitioner
The American Society of Tax Problem Solvers
Professional Associations
Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service, Inc.
American Society of IRS Problem Solvers
- Current
Articles & Publications
Maryland drops the ball in notifying taxpayers
The Daily Record (Maryland)
Tax Amnesty Program Returns After 6 Year Hiatus
The Daily Record (Maryland)
Certified Tax Resolution Specialist
American Society of IRS Problem Solvers
Legal Answers
4 Questions Answered

Q. When paying the IRS on back taxes, are the payments applied to the oldest or newest years first?
A: Typically the IRS will apply your payment to the oldest years first. However, if you indicate on your payment, " please apply to tax year XXXX " they should apply the payment to the appropriate year There are more intricacies in the question you asked and I suggest you have a consultation with a tax resolution attorney in your area.
Q. I owe the I R S a little over 32,000 in back taxes.
A: It is my best suggestion to meet with a reputable tax resolution attorney, enrolled agent, or CPA, that offers a free consultation.
Q. how much should i offer IRS offer in compromise
A: Friend, you may be a good candidate OIC or CNC status. If you are unable to afford an enrolled agent, CPA, or attorney to help with this there may be some free help in your area. Call California VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance.) Also, many times the law school has a low-income tax clinic that can help guide you through the process. I hope this information helps you to get closer to your best resolution.
Q. I filed my taxes using TurboTax's free online service. Is there a way for me to "cancel" my filing and re-do them?
A: This may be software specific, but I do not believe you can "cancel" your return. You may need to amend if your return has already been e-filed and processed. However, if for some reason your return gets reject you may be able to make changes and resubmit.
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Annapolis Office
1997 Annapolis Exchange Parkway
Suite 300A
Annapolis, MD 21401
Telephone: (410) 927-5109
Fax: (410) 630-5005
401 E. Pratt Street
Suite 2232
Baltimore, MD 21202
Toll-Free: (888) 884-8686
Telephone: (410) 727-6006
Fax: (410) 630-5005
10320 Little Patuxent Parkway
Suite 200A
Columbia, MD 21044
Toll-Free: (888) 884-8686
Telephone: (410) 989-5991
Fax: (410) 539-6440