Free Consultation: (872) 205-6556Tap to Call This Lawyer
Steve McCann

Steve McCann

Ball & McCann, P.C.
  • Real Estate Law, Personal Injury, Landlord Tenant ...
  • Illinois
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Practice Areas
  • Real Estate Law
  • Personal Injury
  • Landlord Tenant
  • Consumer Law
  • Insurance Claims
  • Business Law
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English
Professional Experience
Ball & McCann, P.C.
Hamline University School of Law
Hamline University School of Law Logo
Indiana University - Indiana University-Bloomington
Indiana University - Indiana University-Bloomington Logo
CALI Award
Hamline University School of Law
Professional Associations
Illinois State Bar  # 6318252
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Chicago Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Speaking Engagements
Know Your Rights- Public Speaker , Street Law , St. Paul, Minnesota
Minnesota Justice Foundation
Certified Mediator
Minnesota Mediators
Websites & Blogs
Ball & McCann, P.C.
Legal Answers
295 Questions Answered

Q. What am I legally entitled to in Illinois if I'm rear ended while stopped in traffic?
A: Did you suffer from any personal injuries as a result of the collision? If so, it is well advised to contact a personal injury attorney immediately, as you are entitled to additional compensation. The additional compensation for your injuries and other recoverable damages can assist in your concern of depleting your savings, but you will not receive fair compensation unless you are represented by counsel. That being the case, if you were injured, I recommend you organize everything in your possession that is relevant to this matter, including the collision report and medical records/bills, and consult with a personal injury attorney. Many of us offer free consultations, and will represent you in regards to your personal injuries on a contingent basis, so you will not have to pay anything out of pocket to obtain the representation and guidance of an experienced professional who will work with you to ensure your recovery is maximized.
Q. i am selling house, i am only one on title. on selling documents realtor put me and my wife as seller, is it ok
A: It depends on the precise documents you are referencing, and your attorney would be in the best position to address your specific questions regarding the transaction. If you are not represented by an attorney, you should absolutely hire one immediately. Many of us represent sellers in residential for a small flat fee ($500+/-). For that flat fee, we will not only be accessible to you throughout the entirety of the transaction to answer questions such as these, we will draft all closing documents, negotiate terms that are favorable to you, and attend the closing itself to ensure you and your family's interests are protected. It truly is in your best interest to hire an attorney ASAP, and since the fee is flat, it makes the most sense to consult immediately. There is simply to much on the line to risk being unrepresented during such an important transaction.
Q. Does an Licensed Illinois Structural Engineer who want to start a business in Illinois as a Single Member LLC required
A: While it is not required, it may be in your best interest to set up the entity as a Professional Corporation. In order to know for certain, an attorney would need to review the structure and goals of the business, to name a couple of considerations. That being the case, I recommend organizing everything in your possession that is relevant to the business and its structuring, and contacting with an attorney individually for a consultation.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Chicago Office
161 N. Clark St.
Suite 1600
Chicago, IL 60601
Telephone: (872) 205-6556