Free Consultation: (800) 375-4816Tap to Call This Lawyer
Steven Pate Harrelson

Steven Pate Harrelson

Harrelson Law Firm
  • Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Products Liability...
  • Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Steve Harrelson is licensed to practice law in Arkansas, Texas and Louisiana, and his practice areas include catastrophic injury, wrongful death, and medical malpractice. Steve practices throughout the three state region in state and federal courts. In addition to litigating complex issues inside the courtroom, Steve is also experienced in private negotiations, mediations, and seeking remedies at the administrative level. While Steve enjoys many areas of the legal arena, his passion is preparing for and engaging in the trial by jury. Steve believes in the constitutional right to trial by jury and is willing to protect and preserve this concept on which the American tort system is founded. In addition to his law practice, Steve served a stint in the state legislature in Arkansas from 2005 through 2012. He served as House Majority Leader and chaired the House Judiciary Committee before serving in the Arkansas Senate. Steve is very familiar with the inner workings of state government and earned a certificate from Harvard University’s John F. Kennedy School of Government in 2008 for Executives in State and Local Government. – – – – – Q&A: Why did you become a lawyer? Steve Harrelson: I chose law with the intent to bring justice to a broken world, to vindicate the rights of the weak, vulnerable and oppressed, and to confirm that justice is blind, ensuring equality to all people. To me, the law is a calling because I approach it as a way of serving others.

Practice Areas
  • Personal Injury
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Products Liability
  • Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
  • Civil Rights
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • French: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Arkansas State Senate
House Majority Leader
Arkansas House of Representatives
University of Arkansas - Little Rock
J.D. (2000)
University of Arkansas - Fayetteville
B.A. / Political Science, History (1996)
Activities: President, Associated Student Government
Rising Star
Friend of AARP
Legislator of the Year
Arkansas Circuit Clerks Association
Advocate of Justice
Arkansas Prosecuting Attorneys Assocation
Breath of Life Award
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
Rising Star
First Branch Award
Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association
Humanitarian of the Year
Arkansas Education Association
Lawyer of the Year
Texarkana Bar Association
Guardian of Justice
Arkansas Trial Lawyers Association
Professional Associations
Arkansas State Bar
State Bar of Texas
Louisiana State Bar
Articles & Publications
3 Things Not To Do After A Car Accident
Harrelson Firm Blog
Speaking Engagements
Arkansas Legislative Update, Texarkana Bar Association, Texarkana Country Club
Texarkana Bar Association
Bar Examiner
Louisiana State Bar Association
Legal Answers
20 Questions Answered

Q. Hi I got a ticket I was in a car accident it says it was code C. O. M. V. Can you please tell me what does mean?
A: It's Careless Operation of a Motor Vehicle. You will need to call the clerk with the telephone number listed on the ticket to determine the amount of the fine associated with the citation.
Q. My boyfriend was rear ended by a man driving a company car he gave ins info and when we called ins co they told us
A: You have several options. First, your boyfriend should put his own insurance company on notice of a potential uninsured motorist claim on his own policy. Second, if the driver was working in the course and scope of his employment, you should put both the driver and the driver's employer on notice of the claim -- the lack of insurance is of little consequence. Assuming the employer is solvent, your boyfriend may be able to recover a money judgment from the employer (and the driver).
Q. Is it reasonable (legally speaking) to ask the person driving the motorcycle to pay half of my sister’s medical bills?
A: She needs to file a claim on the motorcycle owner's insurance policy as soon as is practical.
Q. A person aged 17, lied about the location of a car accident to an insurance claim, Will he/she be charged?
A: There are two parts to this question: (1) leaving the scene of an accident can range from a misdemeanor to a felony, depending on the degree of damage or injury. (2) Insurance fraud is another issue that may arise. Please be aware that claims made to an insurer are recorded and can be used in a criminal proceeding.
Q. Will anyone take my case?I made a left hand turn and the the driver hit me!Yes, i had a protected green light.
A: An attorney would need to consult with you regarding this collision in addition to reviewing all available documentation: accident report, cost of damages, medical records, etc. Further, if this occurred in Louisiana, you would need to post this in the Louisiana forum. The limitations period in Louisiana for negligence is one year from the date of the accident.
Q. Can a person be charged with vehicular homicide when they had no drugs are alcohol in them ?
A: Vehicular homicide requires the killing of a human being while driving with one of six types of alcohol/drug combinations. This can include prescription drugs or other medications (hint: Ambien) if the package contains a warning against driving. See La. Rev. Stat. §14:32.1.
Q. looked but ways at stop sign when I drove along I hit a car I don't have driver license or insurance.
A: You will be responsible for your damages and the other driver's damages since you were at fault. The other driver has the option of (a) taking you to court and obtaining a judgment against you, and/or (b) filing a uninsured motorist claim on his/her own insurance. However, his insurer could still come after you for the damages sustained.
Q. if my husband drove my car without license an someone hit him. an i didn't know he was gone am i at fault.
A: Liability will rest with the at-fault driver. That driver's insurance (assuming he has it) should cover your damages. If he/she does not have insurance, then your uninsured motorist policy should cover your damages. Whether your husband was an excluded driver could complicate a claim for uninsured motorist coverage. Regardless of all this, yes, your husband could be cited for driving without a license.
Q. Hit by a co. truck whom was driving a 2012 F550 (recall) Power Train: Automatic Transmission (totaled my car).
A: Yes, you need to hire an attorney. In the meantime, you should organize all documents regarding the property damage, your medical treatment, lost wages (if any), and the accident report. Additionally, preserve any photographs you have of the damage of the vehicle(s).
Click here to see all answers
Social Media
Contact & Map
Little Rock Office
200 River Market Avenue, Ste. 600
Little Rock, AR 72201
Toll-Free: (800) 375-4816
Telephone: (501) 476-3012
Cell: (501) 392-5650
Fax: (501) 375-5914
Texarkana Office
300 State Line Avenue
Texarkana, AR 71854
Toll-Free: (800) 375-4816
Telephone: (870) 772-0300
Cell: (501) 392-5650
Fax: (870) 772-0302