Free Consultation: (207) 573-4229Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Zachary J. Smith

  • Criminal Law, Workers' Compensation
  • Maine
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

While I concentrate in criminal defense and workers' compensation, I have represented a fair number of clients on civil cases and have formed a respectable number of business entities.

Practice Areas
    Criminal Law
    Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
    Workers' Compensation
  • Free Consultation
    I give 30 minutes free for a consult. Anything after that requires a fee agreement in writing.
  • Contingent Fees
    Contingent-fee representation available for workers' compensation and employment discrimination matters only.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
University of Maine - School of Law
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Associations
Maine State Bar  # 005343
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Maine State Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Maine Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Penobscot County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
6 Questions Answered
Q. a fire Marshall stop by and said he would be back to charge me accessory to arson or conspiracy of arson what do I do
A: Sign the summons and go to court as instructed on the summons. Do not say anything to the fire marshal. Do not talk to anyone other than your defense attorney about the alleged arson or any role you might have or might not have played in it. You have the right to remain silent and should use it.
Q. Are there any instances where the police wouldn't need a warrant to search a house?
A: That's a complicated question, and the answer often depends on application of various constitutional doctrines. Usually a warrant is required, but exceptions abound.
Q. Need pro bono lawyer to represent us in Lincoln, Maine for return of stolen property to get our camp & lease back
A: That issue is out of my usual areas of practice. It also sounds like something that would require extensive research and litigation. I don’t think I can take on a case like that pro bono.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Lawsmith Legal Services, L.L.C.
P.O. Box 1049
304 Hancock St. Suite 1K
Bangor, ME 04401
Telephone: (207) 573-4229