Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Entertainment & Sports Law
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
- Personal Injury
- Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- Trademark Litigation, Trademark Registration
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New York
- English: Spoken, Written
- Burns Consulting Company
- - Current
- Repairing, developing, and resolving issues related to individuals, and corporations around the World. Thoughtful, strategic, practical professional counsel to individual and corporate clients and legal teams of all sizes. Offering corporate consulting services and career management and development for entertainment clients within the sports, music, acting, and modeling industries.
- Seyfarth Shaw
- Researching and drafting memoranda and court briefs on various employment issues involving Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and anti-retaliation statutes on behalf of corporate clients. Assisting firm counsel with counseling employers on issues including wage and hour compliance and personnel policies, and assisted in preparing witnesses and defending depositions.
- Legal Intern
- U.S. Department of Labor
- Managed cases through the Department of Labor’s Voluntary Fiduciary Compliance Program. Assisted Federal Investigators on cases dealing with civil and criminal violations of ERISA. Aided in the prosecution of corrupt plan fiduciaries and trustees. Conducted legal research on ERISA and labor related matters.
- Employment and Labor Intern
- Prudential Financial, Inc.
- Researched discrimination and harassment issues. Drafted memos advising attorneys on pending cases and drafted responses to discrimination claims. Assisted attorneys in preparing for case mediations and attended mediations sessions.
- Research Fellow
- The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Conducted legal research on Title VII, ADEA and ADA matters. Helped prepare attorneys for trial by writing legal memoranda. Contacted and interviewed potential plaintiffs in preparation for investigations. Assisted with EEOC mediation between plaintiffs and employers.
- Rutgers School of Law-Newark
- S.J.D. (2011) | Law
- Honors: Honors
- Activities: President of Rutgers Labor and Employment Law Society, NEBLSA Board member and MSP
- City University of New York - Hunter College
- B.A. (2008) | Political Science, Sociology
- Honors: Thesis Honors, Dean's List
- Activities: President of Student Political Science Association; Record Holder in Track and Field, and Student Senate
Websites & Blogs
- Burns Consulting Inc.
Contact & Map