- Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Immigration Law
Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiance Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
- Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
- DUI & DWI
- Traffic Tickets
- Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights
- White Collar Crime
- Credit Cards Accepted
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Flat Fee Retainers, Contingent Fees and Hourly Fees available depending on the assignment.
- New York
- Spanish: Spoken, Written
- Assistant District Attorney, Felony Trial Bureau
- Kings County District Attorney's Office
- After graduating from Fordham University and American University Washington College of Law, Mr. Portela accepted an appointment as an Assistant District Attorney at the Kings County District Attorney‘s Office in New York. During his tenure as an Assistant District Attorney, he received extensive training and instruction in the Criminal Court Bureau, Early Case Assessment Bureau, Felony Investigations Bureau and the Supreme Court Bureau. Among the Felony and Misdemeanor cases that he successfully won, he resolved thousands of cases through effective plea negotiations.
- Domestic Bank Examiner
- Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- After graduating from Fodham University with a degree in Business, Manuel Portela accepted an appointment as a Bank Examiner at the New York Federal Reserve Bank in Manhattan. During his training he worked with a team of examiners who conducted on site bank examination of member banks of the Federal Reserve Bank. Following one year at the Federal Reserve Bank, Manuel Portela commenced his legal studies at American University, The Washington College of Law.
- Fordham University
- B.S. | Business
- Honors: Cursu Honorum, Benedict T Harter CEO's Outstanding Service
- Activities: President of the College of Business, 1985-1986 VicePresident of the College of Business 1984-1985 Class President of the College of Business 1982-1984 On Campus Housing, Resident Assistant, 1984-1986
- American University Washington College of Law
- Sevice Award
- King's County District Attorney's Office
- USA Latin Chamber of Commerce
- Vice President
- Activities: National Business Chamber of Commerce working with state chamber of Commerce serving Hispanic and Latin businesses.
- Lex Owner's Corp.
- Board Of Director