Senior level Business Consultant/CPA/Attorney with Big 4 and IRS litigation experience. Consistently recognized for ability to design and implement proactive, cost-saving solutions for publicly and privately held businesses. Diverse book of business combined with strong technical expertise. Demonstrated accomplishments:
Tax Returns, Audits, and Appeals
Part - Time / Interim CFO
Mergers and Acquisitions
FAS 109/FIN 48
Tax Litigation and IRS Issue Resolution
Financial / Tax Software Consulting
- Tax Law
- Business Taxes, Criminal Tax Litigation, Estate Tax Planning, Income Taxes, International Taxes, Payroll Taxes, Property Taxes, Sales Taxes, Tax Appeals, Tax Audits, Tax Planning
- US Tax Court
- Steven M. Walk JD, CPA
- - Current
- Independent Business & Tax Consultant Independent business consultancy & tax practice that offers clients part-time and interim CFO services, operational and business consulting, and strategic tax services in a cost-effective, time-efficient manner with a level of personal attention to detail and service only available from a senior level independent practitioner. The combination of operational, accounting, and legal background helps businesses achieve business objectives without hiring permanent staff; improve financial functions and operate more efficiently, reduce tax burdens, ensure compliance with legal requirements, and resolve disputes.
- Tax Principal
- Ernst & Young LLP
- Led new business development efforts and managed $1 million book of business in tax consulting services for banking, insurance and financial services companies in Ohio, Michigan, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. Consulted on federal/state tax issues dealing with: mergers and acquisitions; allocation issues; structured transactions; IRS procedural matters and dispute resolution; accounting methods; valuation; and alternative minimum tax.
- Senior Trial Attorney
- IRS Chief Counsel
- Represented IRS on federal tax controversies for corporate, partnership and individual tax matters. Substantial experience in accounting methods, valuation issues, tax shelters, collection and TEFRA partnership litigation.
- The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law
- J.D. | Business Law
- Emory University
- B.A. | Political Science