Free Consultation: (903) 871-1714Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ty Czapla

Ty Czapla

  • Family Law, Divorce, Criminal Law ...
  • Texas
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

I’m Ty Czapla, a former Houston and now East Texas attorney with western roots and a deep appreciation and respect for the power of family. I’m a self-described family man; a father of two whose better half provides the tax and business planning and bankruptcy services at TLC Law.

I founded TLC Law with the goal of providing affordable representation to people like me, who work hard for their money and their family but are caught up in a stressful, life-altering legal dispute and need a strong and even-handed voice.

I practice primarily family law, criminal defense, and bankruptcy, and I do so in numerous counties in East Texas. I have developed the respect of numerous judges, ADAs and opposing attorneys and pride myself on being an attorney that is as professional and respectful as I am zealous in representing my clients.

Practice Areas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • English: Spoken, Written
Professional Experience
Founding Attorney
University of Wyoming
University of Wyoming Logo
University of Wyoming College of Law
University of Wyoming College of Law Logo
2019 Criminal Defense
Top 40 Under 40
Professional Associations
Texas State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Eastern District of Texas
Federal Courts
Websites & Blogs
Legal Answers
11 Questions Answered
Q. MY girlfriend's parents wont let me see my daughter. Is their anyways i can force them to let me see my daughter more?
A: Yes you need to file a custody suit (called a SAPCR). This is a law suit and will end with an order signed by a judge designating custody rights (like child support amounts, visitation periods, who gets what holidays etc). If your girlfriend or her parents violate this order, they could go to jail.
Q. Finances during separation
A: If you have a debt that you are jointly responsible for, you are both responsible for it. The only way to change it is to get the lending institution to allow a change in responsible party. If he is not working and is very ill, that is not likely to happen. You could sign an agreement with him designating responsibility for the debts, but enforcing the terms of the agreement if he breaches, will certainly involve court.

As far as after death....there are many other questions that need to be answered first like (1) does he have a will (2) beneficiary of what...a life insurance policy, a trust etc.? (3) how much community property do you guys have (4) does he have children from another marriage etc.? I suggest seeing an attorney. ... Read More
Q. Do I have enough to ask for full custody?
A: It is not likely you would be able to exclude the father entirely, but you likely do have enough to see a change like a standard possession order for the father. There are a lot of factors that go into it, and I suggest calling an attorney to discuss it.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
112 E Line St.
Ste. 302
Tyler, TX 75702
Telephone: (903) 871-1714
Monday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed (Today)
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Appointment strongly recommended. I am often in court.