At LAW OFFICE OF UZOMA OBI, LLC, we are a new kind of law firm for a changing world. We are consistent, patient and professional, giving each new case the attention it deserves.
In his role as the Principal Attorney, Uzoma draws on his diverse and broad experience to help clients across a number of practice areas with primary focus on personal injury, auto accidents, Workers Compensation, and business law.
Uzoma earned his Law Degree from the University of Maryland School of Law. He is also licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and is also a member of the Maryland State Bar Association and admitted to practice law in Maryland by the Court of Appeals of Maryland.
- Business Law
- Personal Injury
- Workers' Compensation
Free consultations are limited to 15 minutes and are strictly by appointments only
- Credit Cards Accepted
Applicable only to personal injury cases (auto/motorcycle accidents, dog bites, slip and falls, etc)
- English: Spoken, Written
- Igbo: Spoken, Written
- Maryland State Bar
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
- J.D. (1998) | Law
- University of the District of Columbia
- B.B.A. (1994) | Accounting
- Nigerian American Personal Injury Lawyer of the Year
- Orlu Regional Association
- Award received from the Orlu Regional Association, Maryland Branch - a 501(c)(3) not for profit organization.
- Maryland State Bar
- - Current
- How To Avoid Routine Errors As an Auto Accident Victim , Orlu Regional Association, DC , Wyndham Garden Hotel, Bladensburg Maryland
- A speech on how to safeguard the value of your personal injury case immediately following an auto accident.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Accounting Aid Society
- Q. I was hit in a car accident. Lawyer says I can only get $30K bcuz that was other driver’s policy. Is this true?
- A: Check with the policy of your auto insurance of the policy of the insurance of the car you were driving in for the underinsured policy limit - it only kicks in for amounts in excess of 30K (for instance if your underinsured limit is 100K, you are able to collect a max of 70k from your policy under Maryland law - subject to ensuring that you follow statutorily required notification steps). Also, sue the other driver and obtain a judgment. You never know what the defendant's profession is which may put the defendant in a position to have to find a way to satisfy the judgement. In any event, good luck.
- Q. Can my state settlement be intercepted
- A: Your settlement can be reduced (or 'intercepted') by any liens that have been given to your lawyer to honor before your case settles.
- Q. How long I have to get a lawyer after car accident in MD
- A: There is no hard and fast rule but the earlier the better to protect your legal interests. Also, keep in mind that consultations for personal injury auto accidents are free given lawyers work on a contingent fee basis (no recovery, no fee).